Chapter 36 - Small Changes (Part 6)

Arden's POV-

Alec opened the door to Arden's room, walking inside with a beaming smile plastered on his face. His movements seemed elegant, but also had a touch of giddiness.

He leaned over, lightly touching the cheek of his youngest brother.

"Arden~"

After a minute, Arden sat up, rubbing the exhaustion out of his eyes.

"Brother? Why are you here so early?"

Alec sat down beside the bed, his smile not once leaving his face.

"Did you hear? Arien and Arjen are going to visit more frequently than before. We've also planned a picnic in the gardens later today. It'll be a lovely bonding experience, don't you think?"

Arden nodded, his eyes still half lidded as he blinked slowly.

"Why will they visit more?"

"Well, father learned about their excessive lessons and ordered Ishina to reduce them. Now, Arien and Arjen have more time to spend with us! How exciting!"

"Mmhm.."

Alec looked down at his youngest brother, who had begun to sleep with his head leaned against his shoulder.

"Oh! I must be boring you. I'll help you wash up, and then we'll go eat breakfast. Is that alright?"

Arden nodded once again, blinking away the sleepiness as his older brother led him to the washroom. Then, they sat down for a light breakfast, before the maids whisked Arden away to dress him up for the day.

After nearly half an hour, a dizzy Arden returned to Alec with yet another pastel cardigan and shorts. Alec, spotting Arden's spinning eyes and wobbly steps, steadied the younger boy with his hands before letting out a soft chuckle.

"Pfft. The maids really did go overboard, didn't they? They seem to love dressing you up too."

He picked up the younger boy with ease. Then, they slowly made their way to the palace gardens to reunite with Arien and Arjen.

[292 words]

Sorry if this chapter felt a bit rushed! I wasn't sure how to describe their breakfast and other interactions, so I just summarized what they did..

I promise the next chapter will be better, so please just bear with me.