Chapter 38 - Small Changes (Part 8)

Arden's POV-

Arden watched Amir's transformation with slightly parted lips, his eyes twinkling ever so slightly. Regardless of how many times he witnessed this, the sight of the guardian taking the form of a fairy bunny was ethereal, and he found himself enchanted by the sight each time.

He recovered quickly, then looked in the direction of Arien and Arjen. The twins had similar expressions etched onto their faces: parted lips and twinkling eyes. Their eyes fixated on the wings of the bunny, then on his ears.

Then, without warning, Arien had run toward Amir and wrapped her arms around the neck of the furry creature.

Amir flinched. Arjen held his breath.

Before anyone could react, Arden quickly waddled toward the guardian and placed his hand on the fur between his wings, stroking it gently to comfort the disheveled guardian.

Amir looked down at his master, the discomfort slowly fading from his face.

Arden smiled softly, then moved his hand to rest on Arien's back.

"Sister. I don't think Amir is comfortable with your hugging. Can you..."

Arien jumped back, suddenly aware of what she had just done. Her face flushed in embarrassment and she apologized fervently for her wrongdoing.

"Oh! I'm sorry! I should've asked!"

Amir simply turned back into his human form, nodding in acknowledgement toward the flustered princess.

"I accept your apology, your imperial highness. However, in the future, please refrain from touching me without my or my master's consent."

Arien nodded quickly, her face still red and tomato-like.

"Yes, I will. Thank you for accepting my apology."

[250 words]

Is this too uneventful? I wanted to continue this, but it is already so late (where I'm from) and I don't have the energy to continue this chapter...