Chapter 37 - Small Changes (Part 7)

Arien and Arjen's POV-

It was a beautiful day. The sky was blue, without any clouds in sight. A green hawk flew above, before disappearing behind the palace.

Arien and Arjen walked along the path, their maids in tow. They walked awkwardly, being absolutely wary of Ishina's reaction. Then, they arrived at their destination: a checkered blanket on a patch of green grass.

Sitting on top of the blanket was Arden, their baby brother who looked as adorable as always, and Alec. The twins looked further, spotting a shadow behind the tree. Upon closer inspection, they realized it was a man with long lavender hair, golden eyes, and nymph-like features.

Arden looked up, noticing their arrival. Then, the younger boy waddled toward the two, his chunky cardigan making him look more like a plush toy than a human boy.

"Arien! Arjen! You're here!"

Arien smiled, then ran toward the younger boy with her arms apart. When they collided, she easily picked him up and pulled him into a tight hug.

Arden, who was slightly elevated from the ground, could only allow himself to be hugged.

After a while, Arien finally let go. Arden, who was breathing heavily after being suffocated, quickly hurried toward the strange lavender-haired man, as Arien and Arjen ran after him, wanting to protect him from the suspicious man.

Then, they stopped. Arden had hugged the man, and he had hugged back. Then, the young boy had led the man out from behind the tree.

Arien tilted her head, confused.

'Who is he?'

'I don't know...should we ask?'

'I'll ask.'

She cleared her throat.

"Arden..who is that man?"

Arden looked behind him at the man, who then stepped forward and bowed.

"Greetings, your royal highnesses. I am Amir, the fifth prince's guardian."

Arien and Arjen looked at each other, both with the same thought.

'That's what a guardian looks like?'

Then, they faced Amir again.

"I thought guardians were supposed to be animals? That's what Ishina told us."

Amir answered politely.

"Precisely. I am a fairy bunny. This is merely my human form."

Then, he transformed into a white bunny with fairy wings, eliciting gasps from both the first princess and the fourth prince.

[344 words]

I feel like I neglected Alec in this chapter. I kind of forgot about him until I finished writing the chapter, and, by then, I had already finished writing the chapter and was in the process of publishing it.

I'm steering away from the original storyline again... Don't worry though. I have already planned out how they will meet Eiji (look at the first paragraph of this chapter).

That's all for today. See you next week!