Chapter 30 - Returning to Syviolla Castle

Arien and Arjen's POV-

Lloyd walked the twins back to Syviolla Castle. The journey was undeniably less tense than before, with the atmosphere being lighthearted and the siblings exchanging words with each other. Their small exchanges were refreshing, and Arien and Arjen found themselves leaning into the embrace of their eldest brother now that they no longer feared for their lives.

After a while, Syviolla Castle came into view. The castle was beautiful, but certainly lacking in comparison to the castle in which Alec and Arden resided.

At the sight of the castle, Lloyd bent down and placed the younger children onto the ground, watching them at a distance as they walked toward the approaching servants. The first to arrive was Ishina, the stone-faced head maid of the castle who seemed scarier than even the crown prince.

Ishina opened her mouth, her stiff and cold voice causing the area to become much chillier.

"Your highnesses should be resting peacefully in your bedroom. What is going on here?"

The twins looked at each other, trying to think of an explanation.

"Ah..um.."

"We...dunno?"

Ishina sighed, before eventually leading the two back to their bedroom. Once they reached the room, she turned to look at the two with her usual serious expression.

"How did you leave?"

Arien and Arjen looked at each other, bemusement evident in their silent exchanges. They each gripped onto their clothes before responding to the head maid.

"How...we just walked out?"

Ishina sighed for the nth time before turning to the maids behind her.

"Hah..you two, please prepare a bath for their highnesses."

She then focused her attention on the prince and princess. Her serious face no longer masked her exhaustion, and she took a breath before looking at the confused children.

"It is now the second time the two of you disappeared. As always, we made sure to verify that the two of you were asleep, and the servants were also waiting in front of the bedroom. However, you suddenly vanished."

'What is she talking about? No one was waiting outside when we checked..'

Arien hesitated.

"But..weren't the servants the ones who suddenly disappeared?"

Ishina did not seem to believe her words and, instead, seemed convinced that they were harboring childish secrets.

"Please do not hide anything and just tell me."

The twins defended themselves fervently, to which Ishina seemed to be undeterred.

"Ha..if you do not wish to admit it, there is nothing I can do. For members of the imperial family to lie...how outrageous!"

She then turned her attention back to the twins, her earlier contempt no longer evident on her expression.

"Your etiquette lessons will start soon. Once you're done with your bath, we will prepare you for your lesson."

Arien and Arjen looked at each other with gaping mouths.

"Already? But we haven't had breakfast yet!"

[448 words]

Finally! I got the story back on track! Because it's been a while since I've last written a chapter, I ended up scrolling through the manhwa and my earlier chapters to figure out what was happening, so I apologize if it did not match up! Regardless, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and other future updates :)