Chapter 34 - Small Changes (Part 4)

Arden's POV-

Arden laid in his bed, flushed and breathing heavily.

Immediately after being found by Arden, Amir had suggested a "nature walk" and gave him a complete tour of the palace gardens. Because the gardens were so lavish, Arden was bedridden with another cold, his second in the span of two weeks.

He sighed, pulling at the collar of his pajama top. His shaking hands did nothing to lose it, and the button remained buttoned. Then, an elegant hand came into his field of vision, unbuttoning and loosening his collar slightly.

Finally. He could finally breathe.

He turned to the side as his brother's face came into view.

"Brother", he called. Alec smiled, gently wiping the sweat off his face.

"Hm?"

"Brother...where's Amir?"

Alec's smile turned cold, and a miasma of terror emanated around the gentle but terrifying man.

"Oh, Amir? Niwe is just teaching him a lesson. How could he, despite knowing about your body's condition, bring you on a nature walk without your blanket? Ridiculous, utterly ridiculous."

Arden looked at him blankly.

"But brother...you were the one who allowed it."

Alec tilted his head playfully.

"Oh? I suppose I did. If it makes you feel better, I shall allow myself to be punished by Niwe as well."

"Pfft"

Arden giggled, his soft laughs filling the room with joy.

Alec laughed as well, his hand gently caressing Arden's hair.

[216 words]

Sorry for the short chapter! I'm having so much trouble writing Arden's parts and trying to make them not alter the original story, since I've only just managed to fix it.

Still, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Have a wonderful day/night, and I'll see you tomorrow (if I remember to write tomorrow's chapter)