Chapter 33 - Small Changes (Part 3)

Arien and Arjen's POV-

Arien and Arjen sat at a table, eating their food. They opened their mouths, eating their eggs directly off their forks without cutting them. Ishina shook her head disapprovingly, before beginning to strictly instruct the two.

"For an egg, use the knife to cut it into bite-sized pieces before eating."

The twins followed her instructions quickly, but their performance was still unsatisfactory.

"When using a fork and knife, leave a space the size of a fist between your elbow and the side of the table. Make sure to not make any scratching noises on the plate with your knife."

'Ahh! We're going to get indigestion!'

Not noticing their struggle, Ishina continued to speak.

"While you have your meal, I will explain about the imperial family."

"Members of the imperial family are born with elegance and grace. Their behavior is elegant even without learning proper etiquette."

This caused Arien and Arjen to think about their shortcomings and talk to each other telepathically.

'We're always scolded for walking strangely...'

'And for having bad posture..'

Ishina continued, not noticing that her words were ignored.

"High intelligence is also another trait of the Imperial family. While ordinary people struggle to learn a single thing, members of the Imperial family can easily learn and utilize many things all at once."

She turned to look at them.

"Are you two listening?"

The twins looked at her dejectedly.

"Yes..."

"The three qualifications to being members of the imperial family are lineage, manifestation, and guardian.

"Lineage is the blood of the imperial family, which attributes to their blonde hair and beautiful appearance. Manifestation is the imperial family's method of growth."

"Finally, guardians are beings that are born to protect the imperial family. When members of the imperial family are born, guardians are also born but in the form of animals, and they are perpetually linked to their masters. Guardians won't get sick or hurt until their masters die, and they will follow their masters at all cost."

Ishina looked at them coldly.

"Despite being younger than you, the fifth prince has already found his guardian. You must work harder to bring honor to the imperial family. Remember that it is due to the mercy of his majesty that you are living so lavishly."

Arien and Arjen clenched their fists.

"Yes..."

[363 words]