Chapter 39 - Small Changes (Part 9)

Arien and Arjen's POV-

Arien, Arjen, Arden, and Alec all sat on the picnic blanket, each holding a fruit sandwich.

Arjen took a bite of the sandwich, his face relaxing as he tasted the sweetness of the fruit and the texture of the bread.

'Mmm! This is good. Try some.'

Arien looked over at Arjen, then took a bite out of her own sandwich. Her face mirrored Arjen's, and she found herself melting as she continued to eat. Once the sandwich was devoured, she quickly reached for a macaron, straining her arm and then shifting her entire body.

A hand picked up a macaron and handed it to her. Arien looked up, her face flushing as she acknowledged the presence of her distinguished companions.

Noticing this, Alec smiled.

"It's nice to see you eating so deliciously. Don't pay attention to me and just eat as much as you want."

He dropped the macaron into her outstretched hand, then returned to his own sandwich.

Just then, a green hawk whooshed past in the sky. Arjen looked up, watching as the familiar green hawk circled above them.

'That hawk...why does it feel like I've seen it before?'

'It looks a bit familiar.'

Alec followed their gaze, looking up at the hawk with familiarity. Then, he smiled coldly.

"Eiji. You're not fooling anyone."

Hearing this, the hawk flew down, landing just several feet away from the picnic blanket. Perched on top of the hawk was a boy with the imperial family's blonde hair, paired with the emperor's green eyes.

'The third prince. The Emperor's Mad Dog'.

Eiji jumped off the back of his guardian, then ran toward the group with a wide smile.

"I think you forgot to invite me to your picnic, so I did everyone a favor and invited myself!"

He sat down at the blanket, looking excitedly at the triplets.

"I'm Eiji Nolbeia Yuriana! Call me big brother!"

[300 words]