The Missing Files

Ava found herself back in her own bed, gasping for air as if she had been underwater for too long. She sat up, her heart racing, and looked around her darkened room. It was just a dream, she told herself. But the memory of the Master's lair, the twisted creatures, and the feeling of her own sanity unraveling lingered.

As she threw off the covers and got out of bed, Ava realized that it was morning. The sun was shining through her window, casting a warm glow over her room. She felt a sense of relief wash over her - it had all been just a dream.

But as she made her way to the kitchen to start her day, Ava couldn't shake the feeling that something was off. The room seemed darker than usual, and the shadows seemed to move of their own accord.

She tried to push the feeling aside and focus on the day ahead. She had a meeting with a potential new client at lunchtime, and she needed to be prepared.

As she sipped her coffee and checked her phone for any messages, Ava noticed a strange text from an unknown number. "The Master is waiting for you," it read. "Don't forget."

Ava's heart skipped a beat as she felt a chill run down her spine. It was just a prank, she told herself. Someone was trying to scare her.

But as she got ready for her meeting, Ava couldn't shake the feeling that something was watching her from the shadows. She felt like she was being pulled towards some unknown fate, one that would lead her back to the Master's lair.

She pushed the feeling aside and headed out the door, determined to face whatever lay ahead with courage and determination.

Ava arrived at the coffee shop early, eager to get a good table by the window and gather her thoughts before her meeting. As she waited for her client to arrive, she pulled out her phone and began to scroll through her emails.

But as she scrolled through her inbox, Ava's eyes landed on a folder labeled "Confidential" that she had never seen before. She was certain that she had never created it, and had no idea what it contained.

Curiosity getting the better of her, Ava opened the folder and found a series of cryptic files and documents inside. They seemed to be related to the Master and his cult, and Ava's heart began to race as she realized that this was no prank.

As she delved deeper into the files, Ava discovered that they were dated back years ago, when she was still working as a journalist. She had no memory of investigating the Master or his cult, but the files seemed to suggest that she had been digging into their activities long before she even knew who they were.

The files contained cryptic messages and codes, but one thing was clear - Ava had been warned about the Master and his plans for world domination. And it seemed that she had been silenced, or worse.

Ava felt a chill run down her spine as she realized that someone had been watching her all along, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. And now that she had stumbled upon these files, they were in grave danger.

Just as Ava was trying to make sense of the files, her client walked in and apologized for being late. Ava forced a smile and tried to push her concerns aside, but she knew that she couldn't ignore this any longer.

She made it through the meeting without revealing too much, but Ava knew that she had to get to the bottom of this mystery. She needed to find out who was behind these files and what they wanted from her.

As she left the coffee shop, Ava felt a sense of determination wash over her. She was going to uncover the truth, no matter what it took.

But as she walked back to her apartment, Ava couldn't shake the feeling that she was being watched. And this time, it wasn't just her imagination...