Chapter 31: Failed Improvement

[ Expressionless Awakener ]

'Lilac... Welstone?'
I thought as i feel a sense of familiarity.

A character which i have forgotten entirely, Well... Not entirely tho...

[ "I hope all of you are doing well!" ] Instructor lilac Spoke through the screen giving an expression that gives off a gentle yet mysterious aura.

'Lilac welstone... Known to have a majestic beauty but a mysterious aura wavering in between that gentle expression... Not like i have any details of her in the novel, but what's the point of trying to remember?.. Maybe a secret villain possibly?' I thought as i began to ponder at the screen, seemingly stare at it expressionlessly.

[ "It seems like Golden Grace's instructor hasn't come here yet to the arena... It's just like last year's semester isn't it?" ] Instructor Lilac asked as she tilted her head slightly to the principal, mentioning the instructor of the Golden Grace classroom.

[ "Haha! It seems like it! Oh well, I guess we'll start the arena without him!" ] The principal of the academy spoke as he chuckled lightly.

'The instructor of the Golden Grace isn't here in the arena..? Although i do remember him a bit from the novel, I don't think i have seen hes face around here at the academy...' I thought quietly, Continuing to ponder again.

'Oh well.' I shook my head and shrugged, shrugging away the ponder inside my head.

[ Since the Golden Grace Instructor isn't here, I'll continue onto my other announcement! ] The principal spoke enthusiastically, smiling like an old man, even tho he is old.

[ Do you all remember last year's arena game, right? ]

[ Last year we had 3 games... ]

[ But this time... We'll be playing 5! Shall we start? ] The principal shouted excitedly, Giving the students even more energetic energy and excitement

'5..? What did he mean by 5..?'
I thought as my ahoge resembled a question mark.

Suddenly, The walls inside the waiting room immediately opened slowly after the screen was turned off. It also gave me a frightful startle that made me fall off my chair entirely.
'Ow!'
I mumbled silently.

Suddenly, A thought came into mind.

'Ah... Now i remember.'
'....This Arena..... is just like from last year huh..?'
I thought as i remembered last year's arena game.

The arena was filled with students every last semester of each year, Giving excitement everywhere with eyes filled with passion.

It's not only popular in the academy, but in fact viewed online almost by the entire world.

There would be news and a series of excitement about the arena like some sports game and would always be viewed every time the principal announced about it.

The arena contains at least 3 games chosen by the instructors from the top 3 classes of the academy.

The screen would show at least 10 game recommendations every round, each chosen its own play and its own instructions.

Although this is the third semester, How come i never remembered it..? This is why people call me forgetful.

'But wait...'

'If I'm not with the audience anymore... Then..'
I thought as i widened my eyes by a centimeter, shaking my ahoge slowly and realizing why I'm in the waiting room of this arena in the first place.

'NO... NO..... THIS CAN'T BE...'

[ Let us begin..... ]

[ our first game! ]