Chapter 19- Metamorphosis!

()= Thinking/ Replacing

*= Actions

""= Phone

/= Whispers

--= Narrator

~~= Timeskip

3rd Person POV:

Darren stared at the dead body of Maki before his breath started to quiver.

Darren: Maki-Sensei...

An image of him being defeated by Sukuna appeared in his mind.

-Losing to Sukuna, Shiori Itsuka's death, and Yuji Itadori's murder.-

Darren's hands started to quiver before he kept on breathing hard.

Darren: No... no... Maki...! Maki-Sensei...

Darren held in his tears before he just stared at Maki's body as regrets filled his mind.

-Darren Itsuka's resolve... had reached its limits a long time ago.-

Mahito rushed towards Darren while grinning.

Mahito: (I find my ability... is truly terrifying! Ah... I am...)

Mahito's fist had cursed energy coated over it as Darren just kept on standing there without moving.

Mahito: I am the real... curse!

Mahito appeared before Darren with his fist ready and cursed energy coated all over it.

Mahito: Black Flash!

Darren was hit in the stomach as black flashes appeared which sent him throughout the station while his body crashed into roofs and floors

-The Sparks of black, do not choose who to bless.-

Mahito stretched his arm and grabbed the back of Darren's shirt before he retracted his arm along with Darren while slamming him into a wall.

Mahito: I bet you thought... you were going to kill demons. Like in fairy tales here, right?!

Mahito threw Darren across the subway station as he crashed into a pillar and coughed up blood. Mahito slowly walked towards Darren with a smirk on his face.

Mahito: You came here with that mindset, right? Don't be naive, brat!

Mahito kicked Darren across the face as blood spurted out from his wounds.

Mahito: This is war!

Mahito grabbed the back of Darren's collar before slamming him into the floor.

Mahito: This is not a war to fix mistakes! But a battle to impose our self-proclaimed right ideas...

Mahito dropkicked Darren into a wall as he spat at his face.

Mahito: On each other!

Mahito took a step towards Darren who had lost all reason to fight.