~19: Your Soul~

Megan's POV
2 Years Later
⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️

"Soooo details, I need details Jovon," Nicki said over the phone.

"She proposed, we ate cake, we got home and had sex. End of story Onika."

"Got damnit Megan! Detailsssss!"

I laughed hard, holding my stomach as I practically rolled on my bed. My phone started beeping, Kellon was calling me. "Hold on Nicki, let me add Kellon."

"My niggaaaaaaa!" Kellon practically screamed. "Turn on the damn news yall." I did as instructed and my heart dropped. "That hoe is out of jaillllll. Y'all I can not, right now.""

"Who outta jail?" Nicki asked.

"Beyoncé," Kellon and I said in unison.

"What the fuck? HOW?"

Suddenly I heard the voice of Nene. "What's going on Kellon?"

"Beyoncé is out of jail"

"Got dammit" she took a deep breath. "Megan?"

"I'm—I'm ok, mama; she doesn't know where I live. I'm sure I'll be fine; she wouldn't try anything." I didn't know who I was trying to convince more of this, myself or them.

"Yea, yea, you right girl. Just knoww we're here for you," Nicki practically lied to make me feel better.

"Ma?" I heard Jett call for me.

"Y'all I gotta go."

"We love you," they said in unison.

"I love y'all too!" I hung up the phone and exhaled sharply.

I noticed Jett had walked in and stood in the doorway. I sat up on my elbows letting him know that he had my attention. "What's going on Jett?"

He picked at his nails. "So I have a date for homecoming, and I want to go pick out my outfit."

"Ohhhh my goshhhh Jett, who is it?"

"Her name is Marsai."

"You mean the Marsai from Black-Ish? I can't wait to meet her. Do you want to wait until your Mama gets home to find an outfit or?"

"No no it's ok. I want us to spend some time together," he smiled.

"I'd like that very much, baby. Get your sister's together; I'ma put on my shoes."

"Ok."

Feeling slightly uneasy, I texted Jill to see where she was. She was at her office. I let out a sigh and put my phone in my pocket. I walked to the twins room to see if they were ready; finding that they were, I told everyone to get into the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jill's POV

"Alright, thank you Cairo."

"Also, we're working on getting that billboard on Jackson Street. Andddd there's about two more singers here for auditions."

"Ouu good, send the first one in!"

"Yes ma'am, will do."

Cairo left the room and I heard him instruct one of the women to come inside of my office. The door opened again and a tall woman walked in. She had on a long leather coat: black. Her hat was pulled low and her chin sat on her collar bone. She took a seat and I spoke.

"Hi, I'm Jill, how may I help you?"

The woman had a blank expression. "I'm Brie."

I smiled widely. "Ok Brie, what can I do for you? What will you be auditioning with?"