~17: Your Heart~

Megan's POV
8 Months Later

"Jett you can put that box in the kitchen for me, please," I asked him.

"Ok."

"Baby?!" Jill yelled from somewhere upstairs.

"Yea?"

After no response, Jett and I looked at one another then went upstairs. I called her again to figure out where her voice was coming from; I walked into our new bedroom to see Jill almost on the verge of tears.

"Baby, what's the matter? What's going on?"

"I can't find them." She rubbed her hand across her mouth, then forehead.

"Find what? What are you looking for?"

"My vinyls and my record player." Tears rolled down her cheeks and dropped from her chin onto the floor, her brown nose was now red. I walked over to her and sat on the bed while wrapping her in my arms.

"The vinyls and record player were mama's grandmothers. My great- grandmas. Mama got them about a year before she passed away and they mean a lot to Mama," Jett explained.

"And I don't know where they are," Jill bawled.

"I promise that I'll- that Jett and I will find them."

"Thank you Megan, " she said as I kissed her forehead and rubbed her head. "I love you, baby."

" I love you too, Scotty," I said kissing her lips this time. "There are a few more things I have to pack up back at the other house, I'll be right back; Jett take care of your mama."

"Ok," they responded in unison.

I walked downstairs and grabbed my purse, coat, and keys and walked out of the front door. I saw Nicki, Normani, Kellon, and Nene standing in the driveway.

"What are y'all doing here?" I asked with a smile instantly growing on my face.

"House warming party?!" Normani exclaimed.

"Mani." My face got softer and I opened my arms to hug her. Normani had fallen into a deep depression, and completely lost herself for almost a year, dealing with Tory again and losing me really made it hard for her. She got back on track; however, and I was glad about it. "I'm so happy you're here."

She squeezed me tighter. "We know this is big for you, so we just wanted to make you feel at home," she said.

"We finna turn UPPP!" Nicki exclaimed.

"Onika, calm all that down," Nene said.

"Can we go in now? Damn; it's cold," Kellon asked as he tried his best to sink into his coat.

"Y'all can go in; Jill and Jett are upstairs; I have to go back to the other house to pack up some more stuff, I'll be back," I said approaching my car.

"Jill and Jett?" Normani questioned.

"Long story short, Meggy and Beyoncé aren't together anymore; that weird ass situation turned bad and Beyoncé became abusive but now Megan and Jill are a thing and I'm so happy for them," Nene answered.

"Are y'all like, still together?" She asked.

"Yea..."

"Tha- that's alright; make her happy Megan."

I gave her a closed lip smile, knowing Normani's feelings and her spiral over the past year, she probably expected me to be waiting at her feet for her to come back and confess my love. I got into my car. "I'll see y'all in about 40 minutes," I yelled from the car window.