Love Beyond The Stage Lights

Author: @TaeTaeGinger

Reviewer: @Astronomist Astronomist

####

Title: 3/5

Let me point out that "Love Beyond the Stage Lights" - doesn't it sound catchy? It gives that romantic-come-showbiz vibes that will for sure catch everyone's attention. Your imagination can go that far that you can even among the crowd in your senses feel the heat of the spotlight and replicate the cheering of the audience. It's a very good option that the author has chosen here as it gives a reference to the story which is to be explored however, it is not limited to the glamorous life of a famous person.

But here is the thing - it might as well have some extra oomph. Why not add an artistic touch or something? For example, "Blind Harmony" or "Backstage Masterpiece" are the titles, which when added definitely use it. Thus, it better be something to show your possible readership the artistry of the story.

Blurb: 4/5

Major props to the author for the first hook in the second paragraph; very interesting! A dilettante who suddenly becomes a singer and a blind artist? I'm getting some thrilling feelings myself now. You've set up a good little mystery here with not only Taehyung but Aera's character as well. Their common interest in art, the problems they go through - these are exciting parts that attract me and make me want to go even deeper.

Just a suggestion that might work, though: make it a bit more precise. The story will be a representation of their love - something like that. Maybe, something like: "Can their shared love for art bridge the gap between Aera's darkness and Taehyung's blinding spotlight?" Bam! And that's it! A catchy quote that makes you keep thinking and never gets old until you get the book. It's the sweet spot, the one where a precisely right amount of info conveys the issue and the rest is left to imagination.

Cover: 2/5

Okay then, tell me what you think of the cover. It's great, no doubt, but where's the spark? Where's the art? the music? Also, this book is a collection of creative thoughts, so we will not find creativity on the cover too? At present, it is just like the fast food you are serving when you promised gourmet food - of course it is still mouth-watering, but we were looking forward to having that one.

Imagine this situation: There is a microphone with splashes of paint on it, or there is a canvas with musical notes wrapped that are swirling around. A sort of thing that shouts "This is more than just another celebrity romance!" You want potential readers, visible to your book, and then they think, "Oh, that is new!" Believe me, a cover that dominantly depicts the uniqueness of your narrative will make your book standout. It's worth the extra effort!

First Chapter: 4/5

It's a hook, line, and sinker! Taehyung's hidden lifestyle completely captivated me, and that took me all the way back to the first sentence of the story. The internal struggle along with the two different lives he has to lead embody authenticity and relatability, and as I can see, it works to choose this topic. You did a great job instigating curiosity in thinking of a character such as this already in the first chapter.

However, what about Aera? Can we also hear from her sooner? The impact of both these characters should be able to hit us at the onset. Going through your work, would you mind sneaking in these changes? Make the story more convincing by taking out any repetitive content and adding transition points. Don't you want the first paragraph to be so clean, it looks sparkly, if you get my drift? Indeed, this could not be any truer, in fact, with books, first impressions are the most important!