Chapter Three

Chapter Three : Ex Lovers

Julia's eyes darted towards the notification as she saw the dating app pop up on her screen. Curiosity piqued, she couldn't help but take a closer look.

With a resigned but amused sigh, she clicks on the notification and opens the app, wondering who the message could be from.

A pang of frustration and mild disappointment washes through Julia as she reads the notification.

"Today is your 2 year anniversary!"

The sudden reminder of the guy who had ghosted her two years ago stirred up a mix of emotions within her. She lets out a frustrated groan, mumbling under her breath, "Why the hell does the app have to rub it in like this."

Julia scowls as the memory of that guy resurfaces in her mind. It had been the perfect 'relationship', at least until the one-year anniversary came around. Suddenly, he disappeared without a trace, leaving her confused and hurt.

"Ghosted after one whole year," she mutters under her breath, the anger and annoyance still evident in her voice even after all this time.

"Why the hell are you on a dating app again?" Julia was taken by surprise as her sister suddenly snatch her phone out of her hands. She looks at Chaeryeong with a mix of irritation and confusion.

"Hey, what the hell?" she exclaims, reaching out to retrieve her phone but only manages to swipe at thin air. "Give it back!"

Julia, shorter in stature compared to Chaeryeong, tries to jump up and reach for her phone but fails due to the height difference. She lets out a huff of frustration, feeling momentarily defeated. "Damn it, give me back my phone!" she demands, her eyes narrowing at her sister.

"I have all the right to question you, I begged mom for you to be here with one condition... no boys." Chaeryeong retorts, crossing her arms.

Julia rolls her eyes, the irritation seeping into her voice. "I'm not looking for a boyfriend, okay? It's just a dumb dating app that's been sitting on my phone for ages. I'm not actively using it or anything," she tries to explain, her annoyance evident by the defensive tone in her voice.

Chaeryeong paused then came to realization. "What day is it?"  She asked.

Julia shoots her sister a confused and slightly annoyed look, not immediately understanding where this question was coming from.

"What do you mean, what day is it?" she repeats, a hint of sarcasm in her tone, clearly not amused by her sister's interrogating demeanor. "'It's June 29th. Why the hell does that matter?"

"It's your anniversary. With the ghoster!" Chaeryeong bursted out laughing.

As Chaeryeong bursts out laughing, Julia can't help but feel a mix of irritation and mortification. She glares at her sister, trying to salvage what's left of her dignity.

"Oh shut up," she retorts, her cheeks turning a slight shade of pink.

"I'll delete that dating app if I were you." Chaeryeong said handing back her phone.

Julia narrows her eyes at her sister, not appreciating the lecturing tone. "Since when did you become my dating app police?" she retorts, crossing her arms defensively. "I don't need you telling me what apps to delete on my own phone, thank you very much."