Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen : Surprise

Before the summer Chaeryeong was sitting at the dinner table with her family, a sense of emptiness lingering around her. Her thoughts kept straying towards Taehyun, miles away, and the ache in her heart grew stronger with each passing day.

"Chaeryeong where are you planning to go?" Her mom asked.

Chaeryeong was snapped back to reality by her mother's question. She had been drowning in her own thoughts of Taehyun, but her parents wanted to talk about her future plans.

She took a moment to collect herself before answering, "I'm still considering a few options, Mom. I'm looking at some universities near home like you suggested, but I haven't made a firm decision yet."

As Chaeryeong pondered her options, an idea formed in her mind. Maybe she could persuade her parents to let her study in Seoul as well. The thought of being near Taehyun ignited a flicker of hope in her heart.

She cleared her throat and looked at her parents, "Mom, Dad... Can I talk to you about something?" She asked tentatively, hoping that they would hear her out.

"Sure sweetheart." Chaeryeong took a deep breath, gathering her thoughts before speaking, "I've been thinking a lot about my future education, and I wanted to discuss something with you both..." She paused briefly, her eyes flickering between her parents, wondering how they'd react.

Chaeryeong's heart was pounding as she voiced her idea, "I was thinking... What if I applied to a university in Seoul?"

Chaeryeong knew it was a longshot, but she pressed on, her voice tinged with a touch of pleading, "I know it's far, but there are some amazing universities there... and I could be closer to Taehyun." She hoped the mention of his name would help sway her parents' decision.

"Hm is that it... because of Taehyun?" Chaeryeong nodded, her eyes meeting her parents'.

Her heart was racing as she voiced her true motives, "Yes, partly because of Taehyun. But it's also an opportunity to have more experience."

"If you manage to pass in a university sure." Her dad said.

Chaeryeong threw herself into the process of applying to universities in Seoul. With determination and focus, she collected all the required documents, filled out the applications, and prepared any necessary essays or portfolios.

After weeks of hard work, she finally submitted her applications to several universities in the area. Her heart was filled with a mixture of hope and anxiety, wondering if she would be accepted to any of the schools.

Chaeryeong's heart was filled with anticipation as she waited to hear back from the universities. Weeks passed, and finally, an acceptance letter arrived from Korea University in Seoul. Her eyes widened as she read the name, and a mix of excitement and disbelief washed over her. She couldn't believe she got accepted into the same university as Taehyun.

A sudden idea popped into Chaeryeong's mind - what if she just surprised him, instead of telling him. The element of surprise could be thrilling, and she knew Taehyun would be shocked and happy to see her in person. The more she considered it, the more she liked the idea.

Now the summer had ended and the secret she kept from his can finally be revealed. She collected her luggage and took a deep breath, feeling the unfamiliar air fill her lungs. She hailed a taxi and made her way to the university campus, her mind filled with thoughts of what the future held and what new experiences awaited her.