Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen : Winning Them Over

Days turned into weeks, and life continued its usual course. Things appeared to have settled between the siblings, Yeji, Julia, and Yeonjun as they tried to adapt to the new agreement of less control and more freedom for Chaeryeong and Taehyun.

The Lee family decided to gather together for a dinner, enjoying a meal and each other's company. They sat around a large dinner table, engaged in conversation and laughter, as they shared stories and updates from their lives.

"Mom.. Dad.." Chaeryeong's voice suddenly broke through the dinner conversation, drawing the attention of the other family members. Her voice was soft yet determined, hinting at the importance of what she was about to say.

"I know you told me to focus on my studies and... I promise! I'll continue to study well... but I wanted to introduce you to someone soon." Chaeryeong's words hung in the air, creating a sense of anticipation among the family members seated around the table. Her statement about introducing someone soon piqued their interest, as they wondered who this mysterious person might be.

"Sure sweetheart. Bring him for dinner sometimes."  Chaeryeong's mom nodded, offering a warm and supportive response. She agreed that the person Chaerryeong wanted to introduce should come over for dinner soon, expressing her openness to meeting them.

"You have a boyfriend?" Her father's stern voice cut through the conversation, it was clear that he wasn't thrilled by the news. His reaction reflected the typical protective attitude of a parent, concerned about the idea of his daughter having a boyfriend.

"Honey, calm down."Chaeryeong's mom tried to inject a note of calm into the situation, addressing her husband gently.

"Hm. Dad is sad his favorite daughter has a boyfriend." Julia's attempt at lightening the mood with her playful comment about their father's reaction didn't go unnoticed.

"Usually mom is the protective one." Yeji jokes.

Chaeryeong's father stood up from the table after finishing his dinner. He headed to the living room and settled down to watch television, perhaps seeking a moment of relaxation or distraction.

"Dad is always like that. He'll be fine." Despite Yeji's reassurance, Chaeryeong observed her father's reaction, she couldn't help but feel a slight hint of worry.

"Smother him a bit." Chaeryeong's mom offered a piece of advice, suggesting that Chaeryeong should do something to help her father feel better about the situation.

Taking her mother's advice to heart, Chaeryeong made her way over to the living room and perched herself down beside their father. She made an effort to be close to him and engage in conversation or simply spend some time together.

"What do you need?" In response to her father's gruff inquiry, Chaeryeong attempted to maintain a cheerful and affectionate demeanor. She leaned closer to him, resting her head on his shoulder, and spoke in a gentle and endearing manner. "I just wanted to spend some time with you, Dad."

As they sat together, Chaeryeong gently broached the topic of her father's concerns about the person she intended to introduce. "I know you're upset, but give him a shot."

"He's a good person, Dad," she said softly. Chaeryeong's persistence and her father's gruff response eventually led to a concession.