Chapter Two

Chapter Two: Worst Summer

After a long night Yeonjun stretched his limbs and groaned as he slowly sat up, rubbing his eyes to clear his vision.  The sunlight streamed through the window, making him squint.

He heard the door shut. "Good morning dumbass." It was his brother Soobin, walking through the door.

Yeonjun grumbled and rolled his eyes, looking at his brother.  "What do you want, Soobin?" he muttered, still groggy from sleep.

"We'll seems like someone didn't learn your lesson, I saw a girl going out if your room earlier." Soobin sighed, removing his shoes.

Yeonjun groaned and slumped back down on the bed, burying his face in his pillow.  "I was drunk," he mumbled, his voice muffled.

"And you know how dad is keeping a close eye at you." Yeonjun let out a groan and rolled onto his back at hsi brother's reminder.

"I know, I know." he said, running a hand through his hair. "But it's not like I do this all the time. Just once in a while to blow off some steam."

Soobin snickers. "Like the same thing didn't happen last week. Dad asked you to keep an eye on the bar, not to get wasted and have sex with clients."

Yeonjun's face turned red as his brother brought up the previous incident.  "Shut up," he grumbled, throwing a pillow at Soobin. "It's not like I planned to hook up with anyone. It just... happened."

"What the fuck did you do?!" Yeonjun winced at the sound of their youngest brother's voice. 

He sat up again and gave him a guilty look. "It's nothing," he muttered, knowing full well that his brother would not believe him.

"It's nothing?!" Taehyun yelled showing them a text. Yeonjun and Soobin stared at the text message on the phone screen, eyes widening as they saw the contents. 

"What the hell is that?" Yeonjun exclaimed, snatching the phone from his brother's hand.

"Dad is planning to send us to grandpa at Ulsan for the summer!" Taehyun looked so done.

Yeonjun's expression turned panicked.  "Ulsan? But that's way out in the countryside. We'll be stuck there for the whole summer!" he protested.

"Yeah common sense dummy." Yeonjun glares at Taehyun before sighing.

"But why does he have to send us there? Can't we just stay here and work here?" he asked, a hint of whining in his voice.

"After what happened to you... again. Probably not." Soobin says as he slumps back on the chair, groaning again. 

"I can't believe this. Stuck in the countryside for the whole summer. This sucks." he mutters, running his hands through his hair.

Meanwhile, after spending a couple days in Seoul, the sisters returned to Ulsan together. The familiar sights and sounds of their hometown filled them with a sense of comfort.

Chaeryeong couldn't help but feel relieved to be back home, away from the hustle and bustle of the big city. She took a deep breath, inhaling the crisp, fresh air.

As they arrived home their parents greeted them. "Oh Chaeryeong do you mind helping Mr. Choi tomorrow?" Their mother asked. Chaeryeong glanced at her mother, her curiosity piqued.

"Mr. Choi?" She inquired, already having an inkling of what was coming. Mr. Choi, had the reputation of being somewhat difficult to deal with. Despite that, Chaeryeong had developed a unique ability to handle his crankiness and sharp remarks, and surprisingly, he didn't seem to mind her too much.