Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve : Traitor

Days turned into weeks, and Chaeryeong and Taehyun continued to meet in secret at their secluded spot. The thrill of these clandestine meetings only heightened their connection and drew them closer together.

Chaeryeong found herself constantly thinking about Taehyun, a mix of excitement and guilt swirling within her. The secret meetings and messages exchanged through notes only intensified her feelings.

"Do you have any idea why your sister may be acting indifferent towards me?" Chaeryeong was caught off guard by Taehyun's question. She pondered for a moment, trying to decipher her sister's behavior.

"I don't know for certain," she admitted. "But I think it has something to do with our agreement. My siblings are really protective, and they've always been against me having any distractions, especially boys."

"I think I might have an idea." Chaeryeong raised an eyebrow, curious to hear Taehyun's theory. "What do you mean?" she asked, her mind racing with possibilities.

"What do you mean?" she asked, her mind racing with possibilities.

"When my brother saw us walking home the other day. He talked to me." Chaeryeong's eyes widened at Taehyun's revelation. Her heart skipped a beat as she realized that their secret may have not been as well-hidden as they thought.

"What did he say?" she asked, her voice filled with a mix of worry and curiosity.

"Like yours, He kept insisting no to see you." Chaeryeong took in Taehyun's words, her mind racing with thoughts.

It seemed their siblings had caught onto their secret, and their reaction was as she feared, disapproval. "So they both know we're meeting each other?" she asked, her voice laced with a hint of concern.

"I doubt your sisters know." Chaeryeong felt a mixture of relief and skepticism at Taehyun's assertion. While she hoped her sisters were still oblivious to their meetings, deep down, she couldn't help but wonder if they were aware and simply hadn't confronted her yet.

She sighed, her mind swirling with uncertainty. "I hope you're right," she said quietly.

"I find the connections a bit crazy but... I think we need to look for more clues. I don't want to keep hiding and even if they had issues they shouldn't meddle with ours." Chaeryeong considered Taehyun's words, realizing the validity of his points. Keeping their connection hidden and allowing their siblings to control their relationship wasn't ideal.

"You're right," she agreed, determination in her eyes. "We need to find more clues and understand what's really going on."

"Let's get to work then?" He smiles at her.

Chaeryeong's heart skipped a beat as she saw Taehyun's smile. Despite the current situation, his infectious smile could melt her heart.

She nodded, matching his determination. "Yes, let's get to work," she said, a hint of excitement in her voice.

"If we find a way...to fix this." As Chaeryeong listened to Taehyun's words, a mixture of hope and anticipation filled her.