Chapter 16: ELITE

CASSIE'S POV:

As soon as I entered the building, I texted Caleb that I arrived but he didn't respond. Maybe he's busy. My nosy bestfriend found me in my office as I am going through some papers.

"So, I heard you patched things up with the husband."

"Shhh...people might hear you."

"So what?"

"We agreed it's not time to tell people we're married."

"Is that why you're so sneaky every time?"

"What do you mean?"

She showed me a photo of me a couple. The back of the woman is facing the person with the camera while you can clearly see Caleb. This was when we were by his door.

"Where did you get this?"

"It's officially up in the gossip website this morning. If I didn't recognize your dress, I would think he's cheating on you."

"He'll never do that."

"So something DID happen last night?"

Almost. But I can't exactly tell her that or she won't stop teasing me.

"Nothing."

"My God, that Caleb is so slow!"

"It's me."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know...I'm just not ready, I think."

"What did he say?"

I kept quiet. I really didn't say anything other than he'll wait until I am ready.

Our conversation was cut short when my phone rang.

"Someone's on line 1, Ms. Mercado." It's my secretary, Stacey. I still use my maiden name in the office since we haven't officially announced our marriage.

"Did you ask who?"

"He said he's your husband?" I laughed at the tone of her voice.

"Put him through."

"Hey, Honey. I'm sorry I didn't reply right away. I was looking at something."

"It's okay."

"Have you had your lunch?"

"Not yet, why?"

"I cooked something for you."

"Really?"

"Yeah. From now on, I'll cook your meals, okay? Don't order outside"

"Manang might get jealous."

"She'll understand."

"I'll be there in 30 minutes."

"Wait..."

"What?" Cindy asked as I face her with worried eyes.

"He's bringing me food. He'll be here in 30 minutes."

"What?!"

************************

I was pacing back and forth as wait for Caleb outside the office building. Cindy insisted that we wait inside but I can't risk him getting photographed again and be posted on a gossip website. There aren't a lot of people since it's lunch time and it's a bit cloudy so it's okay to wait under a shade.

A few more minutes and I notice his car parked and he's getting out. He put on his sunglasses and it makes him more attractive while wearing just a casual outfit: jeans and shirt.