(6) My Type

MARCH 12, 2024
AROUND 4PM

LILIA'S POV

4pm at my dorm room. Playing Plants VS. Zombies on my laptop. Then I got a notification that one of my friends is live on instagram.

@finnflop_ is live: bored

Finn's one of my friends back home, and we barely talk on social media. We're closer in real life. And since I missed him so much, I decided to stop the games and join his live.

@slilaiden joined the live. Tap to request.

@slilaiden: hi bading [hi gaywad]

FINN: uy, Lilia. Helloooo!!

@finnflop_ asked you to join his live. Tap to accept.

You accepted @finnflop_'s request.

"GIIRRLL LONG TIME NO TALK!"

FINN: dibaaa? [Riiightt?] I have chika [I have tea]

"Spill." I asked Finn to tell me what was going on with his life. But before he could even start, many people were now watching. They were probably notified that I was on live, too. And my friend noticed that.

FINN: Oh my- girl, I don't think I can say it anymore. There's a lot of people watching the live.

"Sorry?" I apologized to him as a joke.

FINN, sarcastically: I feel pressured to speak english, too

I laughed at the way he said it. He's always been playful and sarcastic. Or in our native term, OA, or overacting / overreacting. "Sorry? Anyway, what're you doing?"

FINN: Oh, it's 4am here, I'm actually at a party right now, but I'm inside one of the rooms

"You aren't drinking with the others? That's not like you." I jokingly asked him. Finn's always been extroverted. He's always the type of guy to be the life of the party. So him hiding is extremely out of character.

FINN, complaining: Beh naman [Girl what]
FINN: Anyway, I just remembered. Yeesha saw a post once from her FYP, and it was you with someone? I wanted to forward it to you, but I got busy until I forgot about it.
FINN, teasingly: You're famous already. Please don't forget about me

By that question, I might have an idea whom's he's talking about. "Was it a blonde girl?"

@hvlwifereal: omg it's haileyyy
@lsuwbbfp: hailey and lilia are going international

FINN: YESS!! Girl, when Yeesha and I saw that, we were so happy for you because you finally found a girl your type.

When he said that, my eyes widened. Was there a rumor I missed, or are they just assuming? "WHAT?"

@pmbuckets: The rumor reached asia😭
@ccthegoat: hvl and lilia might be dating
|
@hailsvanlith replied to @ccthegoat: i can confirm i was the table on their "date"

"Girl, did you think I was dating her?"

FINN, raising a brow: You aren't?

Ah, so they were just assuming. But the real question is, why did they just assume? Have I said something in the past that I don't remember? Finnian isn't the type to just assume. "No, why would you even think that?"