(20) I Chose You.

MARCH 31, 2024
AROUND 7PM

LILIA'S POV

I am currently heading at my teammates' suite. After what I did to Van Lith, I needed to talk to someone about this. I figured not to go to Elton and Nadine because although they give good advice, I feel like I should open this up to an upperclassman first.

I don't know why I rejected Van Lith. Or, I don't know if I did the right thing rejecting her. Because I still do have feelings for Gaia, and I don't want to date Van Lith knowing I still have feelings for Gaia. It will hurt Van Lith. And she doesn't deserve that.

Here I am, standing in front of Johnson's and Walker's room. I knocked. Walker was the one who answered it. "Lilia, what are you doing here?" She asked me.

"Is Johnson there?" I asked, avoiding her question.

"Let her in, Sakima." I heard Johnson told Walker. Walker then gestured me to go in. "What's up, Lilia? Are you finally going to let emotions out?" She asked me with a soft tone. I nodded.

I sat on the edge of Johnson's bed. Walker did the same. "I'm surprised you can already go out alone." Walker stated.

"Well, the symptoms show less now." I replied.

Walker nodded. "That's good."

"Lilia, what did you want to say?" Johnson asked me.

"HVL confessed to me. I rejected her." I told the two. They were so shocked that they had to look at each other. "I don't know why I rejected her."

"You're in love with Gaia, aren't you? It's completely understandable." Walker clarified, trying to assume me that I didn't do anything wrong.

I wish it was as easy as that. "But I also have feelings for Van Lith." I confessed

My confession made them even more shocked. "How could you have feelings for Hailey if you're still in love with Gaia?" Walker asked, Johnson nodded. "True. Are you sure you're still in love with Gaia? Or are you sure that you like Hailey? Because it's either of the two. Can't be the same." Johnson added, agreeing with Walker.

I bowed my head and shook it, "I don't know."

"As much as we want to help you, we can't. That's your feelings, not ours. You can open up to us, but we won't be able to give you advice." Johnson said, keeping it real with me.

I sighed, "I know. I just wanted to get it off."

"Hey, at least you're talking now rather than keeping it. Keep that up." Walker consoled me and patted my head. I'm not a fan of physical touch, but I do love head pats.

"Thank you." I said and stood up. "That's all I needed. I'll be going now. Bye!" I waved at them and left the room.

The moment I got out of the room, I saw Kitts walking down the hall. "Kitts!" I called her. She might not be the best choice to ask advice to, but I can't deny that she sees things that I don't. Emotionally. I'm better at seeing things logically.

When she heard me call her, she turned around. "You want something?" She asked.

"Yeah, I kinda need your help." I swallowed my pride, asking her.

She gave me a doubting look. "Is your recovery going backward? That doesn't sound like you at all." She taunted me.

I groaned. "Please, Kitts." I pleaded.