(17) For You

MARCH 22, 2024
AROUND 7AM

3RD PERSON POV

After six hours, Lilia finally gained consciousness. When she opened her eyes, her vision was all blurry, and she's also having a headache. But one thing is for sure, she's certain that she wasn't in her door room because of the lights. She tried to recall what happened and how she got into this situation, but her mind could only go blank.

"What happened?" Lilia asked as she was sitting up, holding her head and groaning. She then looked around, but everyone everyone was blurry.

Her friends who were quite tired were relieved when she finally woke up. Nadine then went out of the room to go fetch the doctor.

Elton then went closer to Lilia to check her eyes. "How many fingers am I holding up?" He asked while he put his middle finger up. As a nursing student, he kind of has an idea on how to deal with people who are suffering from a concussion.

Lilia's mind doesn't seem like she was in her zone. She went blank for a second before answering her friend. "Oh huh? Fuck you, too, Ton." Lilia laughed.

Elton stared at her blankly and nodded. "Yep. This is Lilia, alright."

Lilia has no idea how she got in the hospital, but she does recall biking. And since she wasn't in her dorm, she has no idea about what happened to her bike. "Where's my bike?" Lilia asked.

"It's here. Don't worry." Jewel replied.

Lilia processed Jewel's answer and nodded. "Okay. I'm gonna sleep." She told everyone and layed down.

Elton knew how stubborn Lilia could be. If he just told her that she's not supposed to do that, she's more likely to not obey it. He found another way instead. "Uy si Gaia!" Elton exclaimed in Filipino, which translates to "Oh look, it's Gaia!" He then pointed at the door.

"Where?" Lilia was quick to sit back up to look at an empty corner. The three, Elton, Jewel, and Kellan, laughed while Lilia glared at Elton.

"Girl. Why did you even think of sleeping? You literally just woke up. I think you closed your eyes long enough." Kellan sassed at Lilia.

Lilia didn't have a comeback. In fact, she agreed. "You're right. I should probably hoop." She stated. Until she remembered the date. "Oh my God. We have a game today. Elton, get me out of here." She ordered.

"I'm a nursing student, not a doctor. I can't meddle with this." He protested.

"You know something. You can find a loophole." Lilia insisted.

Elton shook his head. "No, I can't."

Lilia wanted to keep insisting all her friends to get her out without the doctor's permission. Good thing for them because not long enough, Gaia came back with the doctor.

HAILEY'S POV

Around 8AM-ish, I arrived back at Louisana. The taxi just dropped me off our dorm building. The moment I hopped on the elevator, the doors were about to close, but someone also went in.

"Good morning, Hailey!" Poa greeted me with a smile.

I smiled back, "Good morning!"

"You look tired. Have you slept already?"

I shook my head at her question. "No, I went to South Carolina. Was only there for a short amount of time, though." I told her.