(5) Team Suspicion

MARCH 11, 2023
AROUND 9AM

LILIA'S POV

I headed back to the hotel after meeting with HVL. I don't even know why I went there, especially with no reason at all. Yeah, to be completely honest, I do that to my clost friends but them only. If it was just someone whom I had just met, then asked me to meet them, I ALWAYS ask for a reason why. It's my trust issue in me to always ask for confirmation. But with her, it's kind of different. For some reason, I already feel like I could already trust her. Like I instantly felt comfortable around her just like that. The way I act with her is how I act towards my year-long-friends. Maybe it's just the fangirl in me that makes me act like that towards her. Though I am open to other possibilities but this one seems to be the most plausible one.

I am currently at the hotel lounge with my teammates. I sat on the chair that's slightly further from them. They all knew where I went for the past minutes I was gone. "How did your talk with Hailey go?" Johnson asked me while smiling.

And since I'm not much of a talker, I just gave her a thumbs up and a smile as a response. She nodded. She knows my situation, and it's a good thing she doesn't get offended when I answer with gestures instead of words.

Watkins, on the other hand, I noticed that she was looking at me. With confusion visible on her face. I reciprocated her look, furrowing my eyebrows. "Has it ever occurred to you that maybe, just maybe, she may have a crush on you?" She wondered.

"Oohh, she's in her lover girl era." I heard Kitts obviously teasing me.

I thought Watkins' question was a bit obnoxious. Van Lith and I have only been friends for a day. There's just no way it's already a crush. "What makes you think that?" I questioned her back.

She shrugged, "I don't know, man. Isn't it odd that she really made you go there just to... talk? What did you even talk about out there?"

"We didn't really talk that much. The interactions were mostly between me and Johnson. Well, Flau'Jae Johnson."

She raised a brow at me. "And that didn't raise a flag to you?" I shook my head

"Not to mention, when we were at the club, she was looking for you." Kitts added, concurring Watkins' thought about HVL crushing on me.

I stared at them. No emotions, just literally stared. "I still don't think that's enough evidence to say she likes me. That's just a claim." I remarked. I wasn't going to just believe that. It's just so out of nowhere.

The two exchanged looks at each other, communicated with facial expressions, and laughed. "You're so dense, Lilia." Kitts bantered.

If they're going to tease me, I'm not losing. I have a comeback for her phrase. "I'm not a lava. I'm actually pretty buoyant."

They shot me a look, "Here you are again with the jokes only you can understand." Watkins mocked while Kitts just nodded.

I grinned at the two, "Do you want me to explain it?"

"NO!" They both attested.

And I don't listen to people, so I still did it anyway. "Lava is dense that if you jumped -" I was cut off when Watkins went to me and covered my mouth. I fought, trying to remove it. Watkins then looked at Kitts and did a gesture nod.

I then saw Kitts get something on her bag. She walked towards me, and that's when I saw it was a sandwich covered in napkin. She removed the napkin, exposing a breakfast sandwich.