(9) The Love & The Lover

MARCH 13, 2024
AROUND 7AM

HAILEY'S POV

I'm at a café with Lilia. The walls were bright pink with blue designs. We're sitting at the corner, the closest to the counter. She's sitting in front of me, eating her tiramisu cake. While I'm eating my lasagna.

"Hailey." I heard Lilia call me.

I looked up to her and smiled. "What is it, baby?" I asked as I cup my hand on her cheek, caressing it.

She smiled back, looking at me lovingly. I could stare at her all day. "Listen, Hailey, I have to tell you something." She removed my hand from her cheek. But she kept holding my hand, gripping it tightly.

That's when I noticed the colors of the walls changed. From pink and blue to black and white. It was fun and bright a second ago, and now it's sad and gloomy.

"LILIA!" I heard someone call from behind. Lilia looked where the call came from, smiled widely, and waved at it, removing her hand from mine.

This is the first time I have seen her smile so genuinely happy. It's like she's in love.

The person who called her was now standing on the side of our table. I looked at her, but I couldn't visualize her. Her face was blurry. I even tried to squint so I could see her face, but I couldn't.

"Hailey, I want you to meet &@!#." She introduced us as she was standing up. I couldn't hear the girl's name. It was gibberish. Lilia interlocks her fingers with this girl. "She's my girlfriend." She announced.

I was shocked hearing that. I stood up and looked at the girl from head to toe. She's just as tall as me. "I don't like her for you." I told Lilia.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"I mean what I said. You're better off with me." I held Lilia's wrist, pulling her away from the girl.

She pulled her arm back, "Hailey, what is wrong with you? What are you trying to do?" She scolded me.

"I just have some bad vibes from this girl. She literally came out of nowhere, and now I find out that you're dating her?" I fought back, clearly annoyed at the presence of that new girl.

"Well, you can't do anything about it. I love her."

"What about us?" I whispered under my breath, but loud enough for her to hear it.

"There was never an us."

That was my last straw. Tears started forming my eyes. I turned my back away from Lilia and walked out of the café.

HAILEY'S POV

I woke up with my heart beating fast and a tear on my cheek. I had a bad dream about Lilia dating someone. I remember that the girl was as tall as me, but her face was still unknown. Her name was also mentioned, but I wasn't able to understand it.

I got up from my bed and stretched. I started to do my usual morning routines and then changed into casual clothing.

I left my dorm to go to Flau'Jae's. She's only two rooms away. I knocked on the door. I was greeted by her. "Hailey! What's up?"

"Can I talk to you for a second?" I asked as she invited me inside her dorm.

I sat on her couch. "Have you eaten yet?" She asked. I shook my head. "Stay right there." She headed to the kitchen to prepare something.