(8) Stuck Up

MARCH 13, 2024
AROUND 12 MIDNIGHT

LILIA'S POV

Most of us are a bit tipsy now, and that includes me. We are still playing the drinking game. But we took a quick break because we're waiting for the pizza we ordered.

I opened my instagram and saw that Haze has a story. I clicked on it to view, and when I saw a familiar face, I squeeled loudly. "What the hell happened to you?" I heard Cardoso ask me.

I looked over to her with my hand covering my mouth. "Oh, I'm sorry, it's just that..." I trailed off because of the rush I am feeling in my body.

"Holy shit, she's blushing." I heard Lay mumble under her breath.

"My vball friend put something on her insta story, and it captured Gaia hitting the ball." I exclaimed, clearly fangirling over my crush.

I let my excitement get through me. I went to Gaia's page, and as expected, she has a story. I clicked on it and saw her highlights. I then tapped on it to see the next story. The excitement in my body faded. It got replaced by heavy feelings. It was my crush with a man. The guy was hugging her, and not in a friendly way. This might be cringe to say, but I felt my heart drop. Tears were forming my eyes.

I'm guessing Tessa and Johnson felt my vibe changed. "What happened?" I heard Tessa ask me. "Oh." She mumbled, probably saw what I was looking at. "That's okay. You can cry it out." Johnson rubbed my back.

"What's happening there?" I heard Paopao ask. I haven't looked up yet. My eyes were still glued to my phone with tears forming. I'm not letting them out.

"Her crush has a man." Tessa answered.

"Sheesh. It's really time for you to move on." I heard Watkins say.

A tear escaped my eye. And then another. And another. Until I was already crying. I didn't want it to happen, but I couldn't stop it. "It's okay. At least someone's making her happy." I finally looked up, turning off my phone and putting it on my lap. I took the vodka and poured it on the shot glass, filling it. I drank all of it.

"Oh my - she's crying." Lay uttered. "Her showing emotions is new. What the fuck." Kitts added. "For real." I heard Lay agree.

I poured another vodka on the glass, filling it again. I was about to drink it, but Johnson stopped me. "That's enough. I know you're jealous, but don't let it get through you." She took the glass out of my hand.

I picked up my phone from my lap and opened notes. This is what I do the moment I get drunk, I write letters for my crush. "What are you doing?" Johnson asked.

"I'm writing a note to her. Don't worry, this'll rot here on notes, I'm not going to send this to her. This is my way of telling how much she means to me." I informed her.

"You know you don't have to be stuck up with that Gaia girl, right? I mean, there are literally lots of people out there. Like Hailey. Why don't you try things out with her? After all, you two got great chemistry." Kitts suggested. I don't know if she's playing with me or if she's deadass.

But either way, I disagree. "I don't want Van Lith, I want Gaia." I snapped, still writing my letter.

"I'm not going to give her shots anymore." Paopao told everyone. "Yeah, it's best if she's done for today." Johnson agreed.

"What? No. I'm okay. I can still take a few shots!" I argued with the two of them.

Paopao raised a brow at me, "With your situation? I don't think so." She said as she shook her head.