(18) Do You Think Of Me?

MARCH 30, 2024
AROUND 6AM

LILIA'S POV

I'm in my room, flopping on my bed while staring at the ceiling. My headache just stopped a minute ago. It went away because of my thoughts.

It's the start of Sweet Sixteen. I should've been in New York with my teammates if I hadn't gotten into an accident. Not to mention, I wouldn't be able to see Van Lith. I miss her. But that's my fault too. I haven't been talking to her. In fact, I've been avoiding her. I don't know what I'm feeling anymore. I am confused more than ever. I love Gaia. I love Van Lith, too. There are too many problems in my mind right now. At this point, I'm better off dead.

I really won't see Van Lith unless I have a dangerous idea.

And I do.

I know my doctor said that I should rest and recover, but I don't do that. Healing is not my thing. My thing is risk until my body just gives up. I tried to reach for my phone. And here comes my headache again. It made me dizzy. These are the times when I need someone's help. Except that my friends offered, but I declined because I am convinced I can be independent.

I close my eyes for a while, so the dizziness can go away. When it went away, I reached for my phone and called the group chat with me, Elton, Kellan, Gaia, and Jewel on messenger. They all, except for Kellan, answered.

ELTON: Hi, what's up!

GAIA: Hello!

JEWEL: Ano meron? [What's going on?]

"Let's all go to the MVP Arena in New York today. I'll buy the tickets. Let's watch the basketball game." I requested.

JEWEL: Can't. I'm busy.

ELTON: Girl??? You're not supposed to be alone right now, let alone go to a different place?

GAIA: True. You should be resting and recovering.

ELTON: Right. Sorry, Lils. We can't.

I groaned at their replies. "Fine. If none of you are coming with me, then I'll go alone." I angirly said and ended the phone.

Honestly, what is wrong with them? Why do they keep insisting that I should stay in? The worst I'm dealing with right now is a headache. That's not even a big deal. They're acting like I'm on drugs and that I'll hallucinate in the middle of the day.

I got out of bed to get ready. The moment I stood up, I got the headache again. The room started to spin. Slowly at first, then it went faster. I tried to take a step slowly until I reached my closet. I leaned in on the wall to calm my head down. When the dizziness disappeared, I picked my clothes. I was just about to go inside the bathroom, but the ringing in my head started. I hate this. I covered my ears for a while and waited for it to go away.

After I took a warm shower, I started packing my clothes. I was serious when I said I'm going.

Then, I heard a knock from the front door. I went over and opened it. It revealed my two nursing friends with their backpacks. "What's that?" I asked.

"We figured out that we'll join you into going to New York." Gaia said as Elton nodded. "We can't leave you alone." Elton added.

I gestured them to come in my dorm, and they sat on the living room area. "Listen. No one should know about this." I told them. They nodded. "I'll pack quickly."

"We'll help you." Gaia volunteered. And I know my situation isn't that good, so I let them.

After we packed, I ordered our plane tickets and headed our way to the airport.