16 Her Kryptonite

Entry Sixteen: The Consequences of Magic

✢ ✢ ✢

MOUNT JUSTICE
NOVEMBER 5

Zatanna looked at Artemis, the two standing in the mission room, while the rest of the team and her father were at the hangar. "Who are we waiting for again?" She asked the blonde, who watches the zeta-tube. "Our Wonder Girl."

Despite Artemis' answer, Zatanna had never met Wonder Girl since her introduction to the team. Although it wasn't the first time she'd heard the hero's name, the team seemed to talk about her fondly. However, Zatanna wasn't the only person who hadn't seen Nirvana, Artemis hadn't seen her since the failed exercise a few weeks ago, not even during their counselling sessions. It was almost like she vanished.

"Recognized: Wonder Girl, B04." The computer announced as the Amazon came into view, a smile etched on Artemis' face as Nirvana walked towards the two.

"Artemis!" Nirvana called out with a smile before looking at the girl beside her. "Nirvana, this is Zatanna." Artemis gestured as the two exchanged greetings. "Where's everyone else?" she asked. "They're all at the hangar," the blonde answered, leading the two to the elevator.

Upon first glance, Zatanna reminded Nirvana of Donna. Having seen her just a week ago, she couldn't help but miss the younger princess, having grown closer since her counselling session with Black Canary. After the session, however, she'd quickly announce an open spot for the next Wonder Girl by the end of the year, wanting to step back from being a hero and return to Themyscira.

Despite her decision, only Robin is aware of her thoughts on leaving——not the fact she'd confirm those thoughts to be true. Aside from Robin, however, no one else knows.

The three stood in the elevator, standing in silence as Nirvana glanced over at Zatanna. "So, are you joining the team?" She asked while Artemis turned to the youngest hero for her answer. The door, however, slides open, and Nirvana notices the team and a few members of the League unload the Bioship and unpack every crate and box of supplies. "I don't know." Zatanna answers, her arms crossed over her chest, "Zatara's so overprotective. I mean, just getting him to let me visit takes a full day's wheedling." She tells them, "I wish he'd just give me a little space."

In a matter of seconds, the members of the League vanished within a blink, sending a box of groceries to crash onto the ground. "Dad!" Zatanna yelled, catching everyone else's attention.

The team froze, neither of them attempted to clean up the box or even salvage what was left. "Where—where did they go?" Zatanna anxiously whispered, her hands clasped over her mouth as the others joined them by the foot of the elevator. Oddly enough, Nirvana begins to feel her body heating up abnormally fast. "Nirvana, can you sense any of them?" Kaldur asks as she shakes her head, getting herself dizzy soon after.

Quickly, Robin pulls up his holographic computer, typing down their current circumstance. Beside him, Wally reads the text on the screen, "Adults have disappeared..." he said aloud, "Everywhere." The Boy Wonder completed, scanning every post about the situation at hand. As everyone thinks about how to act, they look up at Kaldur, while Conner seems to focus on the girl beside him.

Since the counselling session, he managed to hear every word within that room as he pretended to walk away, which he wished wasn't the case. So, he finds himself worrying over her, under the guise of it stemming from the words she said during the session, and not admitting to himself that he cared about her. Although he manages to pick up her climbing heart rate, his hand brushes over hers as he realizes she feels warmer than normal. "Nirvana, you're—"