Chapter 18: Suntukan

Mina arrived at the door, her breath coming in angry bursts.

Without hesitation, she banged on the door, her fist striking the wood with a force that reverberated down the hall.

"Lim, buksan mo'to! We need to talk," Mina's voice was loud and filled with anger.

Inside, Mav woke up from the sound. She knew this moment was going to happen but didn't think it would be one of Aya's friends.

At first, Mav hesitated, her hand hovering over the doorknob, knowing that whatever happened next would change everything.

"Yari ako rito," Mav's thought.

Mav opened the door slowly, her eyes meeting Mina's fiery gaze.

The look of fury in Mina's eyes made Mav's stomach churn with guilt.

Suddenly, Mina landed a punch on Mav's cheek, which made Mav fall to the ground. "Anong ginawa mo kay Aya? Napaka mo, sabi na bad news ka eh," Mina stepped inside, her voice cold and demanding, holding the hem of Mav's shirt.

"I never meant to hurt her. I... Hindi ko naisip—" Mav's voice was barely above a whisper.

"Anong hindi mo naisip? Pinagpustahan niyo yung tao! Do you have any idea how much you've hurt her? Hindi mo ba alam gusto ka lang makasundo nung tao?" Mina's voice cut through the air like a knife.

Mina pushed Mav down, her grip on Mav's shirt tightening. She drew back her fist, ready to strike again.

Mav braced herself, her eyes closing in anticipation of the blow.

Just then, Gab and Shi burst through the door. Gab grabbed Mina's arm, trying to pull her back. "Mina, stop! Enough na!" Gab shouted, struggling to hold onto her.

Shi stood by the doorway, her expression a mix of judgment and concern as she glanced over at Mav.

"This isn't the way, Ate Mina. Tara na, please," Shi urged, moving to help Gab pull Mina away.

Mina resisted, her anger not yet spent. "Bitawan niyo nga ako! She deserves this!" she yelled, her voice echoing.

Gab tightened her grip, struggling to drag Mina out of the dorm.

Meanwhile, Aya was walking quietly along the corridor when she heard the yelling.

The voice was familiar and realized that it was Mina.

Aya quickened her pace, her heart pounding as she ran towards the stairs.

When she reached the scene, she saw Gab and Shi holding Mina back.

Gab's arms were wrapped around Mina, trying to restrain her, while Shi was attempting to calm Mina down, her voice soothing but firm.

Aya ran to the scene, her eyes wide with shock. "Mina, stop! What are you doing?" she cried out, her voice filled with urgency.

Mina froze at the sound of Aya's voice, her anger momentarily abating. She turned to look at Aya, her expression a mix of frustration and concern.

"Aya, need niyang matuto!" Mina shouted, her voice breaking.

Aya's sight fell on Mav, who was still on the ground, looking up at her with eyes full of guilt. Mav's cheek was red and starting to swell from Mina's punch. She didn't try to defend herself, just looked at Aya, her expression one of deep regret and sorrow.

Aya stepped between Mina and Mav, her voice calm but firm. "Mia Natalie Vergara, I said stop. You know, this isn't the way," she said, placing a hand on Mina's shoulder.

Mina's shoulders sagged, the fight leaving her as she looked at Aya. "But Aya, ginanun ka na nga nung tao eh. She used you for a bet," Mina said, her voice trembling with emotion.

"I know, Mina. But violence won't solve anything. We need to talk, not fight," Aya said, her eyes soft but resolute.

Aya turned to look at Mav, who was still sitting on the floor, her eyes never leaving Aya's face.

"I'm so sorry, Aya. I never wanted to hurt you," she said, her voice breaking.

Aya took a deep breath, her heart heavy with the weight of the situation. "We'll talk about this, Mavise. But not like this," she said, her voice calm and steady.

Aya looked at Gab and Shi, who were still holding onto Mina. "Thank you for stopping her. Let's all calm down and talk this through," she said.

Gab nodded, releasing her grip on Mina. "Yeah, let's cool off and handle this like adults," she said, her voice filled with relief. Shi's eyes landed on Mav, a look of disappointment etched on her face.

Aya helped Mav to her feet, her touch gentle but firm. "Let's go inside. We need to have a serious talk," she said, leading Mav away from the scene.

Mina, Gab, and Shi followed their expressions a mix of concern and determination.

The air was thick with tension, but there was a sense of resolution as they walked inside, ready to face the situation head-on.

"I know. I'm so sorry. I... I'll make it right, I swear," Mav's eyes filled with tears, her voice breaking.

Mina's anger didn't waver, her voice like ice.

"You better, Lim. Because if you don't, you'll have to deal with me."

-