Chapter 46: First Love

The next few days were a whirlwind of activity for both Aya and Mav.

With an important event approaching, they were each immersed in their respective passions.

Aya in her art and Mav in the play her team was preparing for.

The hectic schedule and overlapping commitments made it nearly impossible for them to find time for each other, adding a layer of frustration to their already busy lives.

-

Mav's team was in the final stages of rehearsal for a play that was set to be one of the main highlights of the event in three days.

The air was thick with excitement and a touch of nervous energy as they practiced their lines and worked on perfecting their performances.

Mav, always the dedicated performer, was fully engrossed in her role.

The stage lights illuminated her with a warm glow, highlighting her intense focus and commitment to the craft.

She moved with grace and precision, each line delivered with conviction.

The other members of the team were equally invested. They laughed and joked between scenes, sharing snacks and offering tips to each other. It was a close-knit group, and Mav was grateful to be a part of it.

However, there was something missing.

Aya.

She had always been a constant presence at Mav's practices, offering support and an encouraging smile that seemed to boost Mav's confidence.

The other members of the team had even started teasing them, suggesting they were already a couple.

Mav, though she laughed it off, secretly enjoyed the rumors.

It gave her a thrill to think that people saw them as something more.

-

"Where's Aya today?" asked Ju, one of Mav's closest friends on the team. She had a mischievous glint in her eye as she wiggled her eyebrows at Mav.

"Yeah, we miss her cheering section," chimed in Gab, giving Mav a playful nudge.

Mav shrugged, trying to keep her tone casual. "She's busy with her art stuff. You know how it is, big contest coming up."

"Aw, I was hoping to see her. You two are like our unofficial mascots!" Ju teased, making the others laugh.

Mav rolled her eyes good-naturedly but couldn't suppress the smile tugging at her lips. "Yeah, yeah. We're not mascots, okay?"

"Whatever you say, Mav," Gab replied, smirking. "We all know she's your good luck charm."

Mav chuckled, feeling a warmth spread through her chest. "Well, she is," she admitted, her voice softening.

-

Just as they were wrapping up practice, Mav was caught off guard by the arrival of an old friend she hadn't seen in a long time.

The appearance was a surprise, and she brought with her a wave of nostalgia and memories from a time before college.

They embraced warmly, their laughter filling the rehearsal space as they caught up on old times.

"Mav! I can't believe it's really you!" Loui exclaimed, her eyes sparkling with excitement as she pulled Mav into a tight hug.

"Loui? Hala, it's been ages. What are you doing here?" Mav asked, her face lighting up with a genuine smile.

"I was in town and thought I'd drop by. I heard I'll find you here practicing and couldn't resist coming to see you in play," Loui replied, her grin wide and infectious.

Mav laughed, feeling a rush of warmth at Loui's words. "It's so good to see you! We need to catch up properly."

"Definitely. Let's grab coffee after your practice," Loui suggested, her tone eager.

"Sounds perfect," Mav agreed, feeling a sense of comfort at having an old friend around.

-

Unbeknownst to Mav, their interaction was being closely observed and quickly spread across social media.

Photos of Mav and Loui together, smiling and chatting, were posted, fueling the rumor mill.

People began speculating about a new relationship, and with Aya's absence, many assumed that she and Mav had parted ways.

The sight of Loui with Mav sparked a flurry of messages and gossip, which soon made their way to Aya.

Aya, deeply absorbed in her art practice, was startled by the vibration of her phone.

She glanced at the screen to see yet another message from an unknown number.

It was a photo of Mav and Loui, accompanied by a comment that cut deep:

"Seems like Mav's already moved on? Ang bilis. Sabi sa'yo eh. Lim will always be Lim. Guess you're an old news now."

A pang of hurt shot through Aya

She tried to brush it off, reminding herself that she and Mav were just friends, nothing more.

But the image lingered in her mind, stirring emotions she didn't quite understand.

Why did it bother her so much?

She put down her art materials, deciding she needed to clear her head.

A jog seemed like the perfect way to escape the confusing thoughts swirling in her mind.

-