The best morning

I woke up to the gentle touch of sunlight on my face, realizing I was in my own bedroom. Memories from yesterday flooded my mind, and I turned around, hoping to find my favorite person beside me. But he wasn't there. Panic surged through me, and I hurried out of bed, rushing to find him.

Downstairs in the kitchen, I found him cooking, completely absorbed in the task. He was shirtless, a sight I hadn't seen before, his back muscles flexing as he expertly flipped an omelette in the pan. Silently, I approached him from behind and wrapped my arms around his waist, resting my head against his back.

"Good morning, my angel," he greeted, turning around to cup my face and plant a soft kiss on my forehead.

I hugged him tighter in response, feeling a rush of warmth and affection. He lifted me effortlessly and placed me on the kitchen counter.

"My angel, quickly go and get ready. We need to go grocery shopping because we seem to be out of groceries," he said, kissing me again.

"We?" I asked, taken aback by his assumption of familiarity.

"Well, here's the thing. I'm going to stay at your place until your parents come back," he replied casually.

His words hung in the air, and I couldn't help but smile. It felt surreal yet comforting to hear him talk about staying with me. I nodded, feeling a mixture of excitement and nervousness at the prospect of having him around all the time.

"Okay, then. Let me get ready," I said, kissing him back before heading upstairs to prepare for the day ahead.

As I dressed, I couldn't shake the feeling of happiness and anticipation. Having him here, cooking in my kitchen and planning our day together, made everything feel right.