The Investigation

Michael's POV

Pain exploded in my head as I slowly regained consciousness. My vision was blurry, and I felt a warm trickle of blood down my forehead. Panic set in as I remembered what had happened.

"Andriya!" I shouted, trying to get up, but my body felt like lead.

I forced myself to my feet, swaying unsteadily. The van was gone, and the park was eerily silent. I stumbled to my car, grabbing my phone to call for help. My fingers were shaking so badly that I almost dropped it.

"911, what's your emergency?" the operator answered.

"My girlfriend has been kidnapped," I gasped, my voice breaking. "Please, you have to help her."

I gave them all the information I could, describing the van and the men as best as I could remember. The operator assured me that help was on the way, but it felt like an eternity before I heard the sound of sirens approaching.

The police arrived, taking my statement and combing the area for any clues. But deep down, I knew it was up to me to find her. I couldn't just sit and wait while Andriya was in danger.

Determination and anger surged through me. I was going to find her, no matter what it took. And when I did, those men would regret ever laying a hand on her.

"I'm coming for you, Andriya," I whispered, clenching my fists. "I promise."