The Confrontation

Andriya's POV

The hours crawled by in the damp, musty room. I could hear the occasional drip of water and the scurry of rats in the shadows. My body ached from the rough treatment, and fear gnawed at my insides. Where was Mike? Was he okay? The uncertainty was almost unbearable.

I tried to focus, to come up with a plan. I had to stay strong, had to believe that Mike would find me. But as the minutes turned into hours, despair began to creep in. Just when I thought I couldn't take it anymore, the door creaked open.

A tall man with a cruel smile stepped into the room. I knew that smile all too well. Samuel. My ex-boyfriend. The shock of seeing him here, of all people, sent a shiver down my spine.

"Comfortable?" he sneered, leaning against the doorframe.

"Samuel, what do you want?" I asked, my voice trembling despite my efforts to stay calm.

He sauntered over, his eyes cold and calculating. "You always did like playing the innocent, didn't you, Andriya? But we both know you're not as sweet as you pretend to be."

"What are you talking about?" I asked, genuinely confused and terrified.

"I'm talking about that little stunt you pulled, running off with Mike," he spat, his face twisted in anger. "Did you think you could just leave me and be happy?"

"Samuel, we broke up months ago. You need to let this go," I said, trying to reason with him.

"Oh, I'm over it," he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "But you still have something that belongs to me."

"I don't have anything of yours," I insisted, my heart pounding.

"Don't play dumb with me," he snapped. "I know you have the USB drive. Where is it?"

"I swear, I don't know what you're talking about," I said, my fear mixing with confusion.

He stared at me for a long moment, then stood up abruptly. "We'll see about that," he said, turning to leave.

As he walked out, I felt a surge of anger and determination. They had taken me, hurt Mike, and now they were trying to intimidate me. But I wouldn't let them break me.