The Unexpected Crisis

Andriya's POV

The day started off beautifully with Mike, as always. We spent the morning grocery shopping, laughing and joking in the aisles, and returned home to cook lunch together. His presence filled the house with warmth and joy, making everything seem perfect. After lunch, we decided to take a walk in the nearby park, enjoying the fresh air and each other's company.

As we strolled through the park, hand in hand, I felt an overwhelming sense of contentment. The sun was shining, birds were singing, and everything seemed right with the world. We found a quiet spot under a large oak tree and sat down to enjoy the peaceful afternoon.

 We found a quiet spot under a large oak tree and sat down to enjoy the peaceful afternoon

"Do you ever think about the future?" I asked, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"All the time," he replied, squeezing my hand. "Especially now that you're in it."

I smiled, feeling a flutter in my heart. We talked about our dreams and plans, lost in our little bubble of happiness. But as the sun began to set, casting long shadows across the park, an uneasy feeling crept over me.

"Maybe we should head back," I suggested, feeling a sudden chill.

"Yeah, it's getting late," Mike agreed, helping me to my feet.

We started walking back to the car, but I couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. The park, which had felt so inviting and safe earlier, now seemed eerily quiet. I glanced around, looking for any signs of danger, but saw nothing out of the ordinary.

As we reached the parking lot, I fumbled for the car keys in my bag. Suddenly, I heard a scuffle behind me. Before I could react, a strong arm wrapped around my waist, and a hand covered my mouth, stifling my scream.

"Andriya!" Mike shouted, turning around to see what was happening.

But it was too late. A van screeched to a halt beside us, and I was roughly shoved inside. Mike lunged towards the van, trying to reach me, but a man stepped out and swung a metal rod, hitting him hard across the head. Mike crumpled to the ground, unconscious.

"Mike!" I screamed, my voice muffled by the hand over my mouth.

The door slammed shut, and the van sped away, leaving Mike lying motionless in the parking lot. Terror gripped my heart as I struggled against my captors, but they were too strong. They tied my hands and feet, gagged me, and threw a hood over my head, plunging me into darkness.

The ride seemed to last forever, the bumps and jolts of the road only adding to my fear and disorientation. My mind raced with questions. Who were these people? Why were they doing this? And most importantly, what would happen to Mike?

Finally, the van came to a stop. I was dragged out and carried into a building. The air was damp and musty, and I could hear the distant drip of water echoing through the space. I was thrown onto a cold, hard floor, and the hood was ripped off my head.

Blinking against the sudden light, I found myself in a dimly lit room. The walls were bare concrete, and the only furniture was a rickety chair in the corner. Three men stood over me, their faces obscured by shadows.

"Welcome to your new home," one of them sneered, his voice dripping with malice.

Fear coursed through me, but I forced myself to stay calm. I needed to think clearly if I was going to find a way out of this.

"What do you want from me?" I demanded, trying to sound braver than I felt.

The man laughed, a harsh, cruel sound. "You'll find out soon enough."

With that, they left the room, slamming the heavy door behind them. I was alone, my heart pounding in my chest. I had to escape, had to get back to Mike. But for now, all I could do was wait and hope that he was okay and that help was on the way.

Michael's POV

Pain exploded in my head as I slowly regained consciousness. My vision was blurry, and I felt a warm trickle of blood down my forehead. Panic set in as I remembered what had happened.

"Andriya!" I shouted, trying to get up, but my body felt like lead.

I forced myself to my feet, swaying unsteadily. The van was gone, and the park was eerily silent. I stumbled to my car, grabbing my phone to call for help. My fingers were shaking so badly that I almost dropped it.

"911, what's your emergency?" the operator answered.

"My girlfriend has been kidnapped," I gasped, my voice breaking. "Please, you have to help her."

I gave them all the information I could, describing the van and the men as best as I could remember. The operator assured me that help was on the way, but it felt like an eternity before I heard the sound of sirens approaching.

The police arrived, taking my statement and combing the area for any clues. But deep down, I knew it was up to me to find her. I couldn't just sit and wait while Andriya was in danger.

Determination and anger surged through me. I was going to find her, no matter what it took. And when I did, those men would regret ever laying a hand on her.

"I'm coming for you, Andriya," I whispered, clenching my fists. "I promise."