Chapter 38

Lol, writing this while visiting my grandma in the hospital. I love hospitals. CONTRAVERSIAL OPINION BUT HOSPITALS SMELL AMAZING.

-Izukus POV-
I want to get out of bed, believe me, but I hate doing anything. I can't. I don't have any motivation. Dads come and wake me up, but I still don't want to get up.

"Hey, kid," Dad says as he enters my room. He sits on my bed.

"You haven't left your room, is something wrong?" I shrug.

"What's going on?" I shrug and sit up, facing him.

"I-I don't know. Nothing. I just don't have the energy." He tilts his head, confusion riddling his face.

"Are you tired?" I shrug.

"I-I've slept a ton. I'm just exhausted." My voice breaks a bit.

"I have zero motivation. I-I don't know why or what it is, but I'm s-so exhausted." My arms fall to my sides. He pulls me into a hug.

"I've felt like this before, and it sucked. I don't have energy, eventually I don't even want to do anything, just stay in bed all day. I don't know how to fix it." He grips me tighter. I have no idea what to do, and I don't think he does either.

"Kid, it'll pass. Either you're in shock, burnt out, or depressed. Any of those are viable options. It'll be okay. It'll pass." I shake my head. I know it will, but it doesn't feel like that.

"It doesn't feel that way." He nods.

"I know, but it isn't forever. It'll get better, kiddo." I shrug. I'm too tired to cry but I need to cry so hard I'm barely tired.

"Dad, I don't-.. I don't know if I want to be here anymore," I say. The words enter and leave my mouth at the same pace. It's not like I'm sad, I'm just numb. I don't want to live. I feel his arms tense.

"Kiddo, no, don't think like that. You're worthy-"

"I'm not concerned about being worthy, I'm just tired. I'm so tired of trying to get better."

"I know, I know, but that doesn't mean you get a free pass to think like that. You need to stay alive. You'll be a great hero, husband, maybe a dad, and person. You might not need the world, but they need you." I shake my head.

"I-I'm one person, they don't need me."

"They do. Kiddo, you have a powerhouse of a quirk, you're smart, kind, funny, humble, and quick witted. You could easily become number one. You can help so many kids and adults, okay?" I shrug.

"Is there anything I can do to help you? Even a little?" I shrug.

"No, I'm sorry." His lips form a tight line. He rips away from the hug.

"Are you sure? Because-"

"I'm sure." He sighs. He gets up and starts going through everything.

"What are you doing," I ask.

"Making sure there is nothing in here that you could use to hurt yourself with." I just look down. I'm not gonna. I don't have the energy to even if I wanted to. I lie down and roll over, facing the wall. Within twenty minutes he exits.

"I'm gonna leave this cracked, okay?" I nod. He exits the room. I just stare at the wall.

I'm a disappointment. I should just leave them. I'm stupid. God! Why don't I just die? I'm wasting their money. They probably take care of me out of pity. Everyone probably pities me. They all hate me. They're probably disgusted. They probably hate me. Everyone thinks I should die. I'm so fucking ugly! No one wants to look at me; scars, skinny, and plain. I look dumb. Why do I even exist? My birth parents didn't even want me. I'm dirty. I'm filthy. I'm a fucking slut. It doesn't matter if it was my fault or not, I'm gross. I practically let it happen.