Chapter 40

I'm currently at my uncle's wedding while writing this.

-Izukus POV-
I wake up, a pounding headache ringing through my head. I rub at my forehead, attempting to ease some of the throbbing and shooting pain. I groan slightly.

"Hey, are you feeling any better?" I flinch at the sudden voice. I turn my head groggily to Kacchan.

"Y-yeah, just a major fucking headache." He frowns at that, exiting the room. He struts back in, Tylenol in hand. My stomach churns I sink into a pit of anxiety. He opens the cap and hands me two. I shake my head. I can't. I have never been able to take pills around people. I need to buy, open, and take the pills myself. Not only did Hisashi hand me drugs directly, he filled the pill bottles with them.

"Hm?"

"I-I can't take those." He tilts his head, his face grimacing with confusion.

"Why? Since when have you not been able to swallow pills?" I shake my head.

"I can swallow them just fine, I just can't take them from other people," I explain. His face scrunches with anger.

"Why can't you?" I swallow harshly.

"H-Hisashi used to uhm, transfer the pills for other ones. The dosage almost n-never made me pass out, but it made me really weak, nauseated, hot, and dizzy. I-I just can't do it. My brain says that you didn't do that, but some small part o-of me screams at me to stop and- and I just can't swallow them. I'm sorry. I'm so, so sor-"

"I swear, I'm gonna kill him. I'm so, so sorry." He pulls me into a hug. Did I really think he was going to be mad at me?

"It's fine, it's nothing major, but we need to get ready for school; we're going to be l-"

"We're not going to school." My eyes squint, confused.

(A/N A TREE FELL ON MY HOUSE. WE GOT A CALL AND WE HAVE NO IDEA HOW BAD IT IS, #MIGHT BE HOMELESS. 😁👍 IT CRASHED INTO MY ROOM.)

"What do you mean?"

"He gave us the day off. No offense to your dad, but if he gives us more work, I might actually hire a hitman for my own personal sake." I gasp and lightly wack him on his shoulder. He slightly glares at me. He tackles me on the bed. Images and clips flash before my eyes. I tear up before forcing a small chuckle. He immediately gets off of me.

"That's not your laugh," he says, "what's wrong?" I shrug. I don't want to ruin his mood.

"Nothing." He shakes his head.

"Something's going on, what is it?" I shake my head.

"Seriously, it's nothing." Does he really want me to reminisce on a memory that I'd rather shoot myself in the foot then remember? To practically compare him? To decipher every single detail of the memory? I stand up, tugging off my blazer. Somehow I'm still in my uniform.

"Deku, I can tell something's up." I shrug my shoulders. I dig through my oset and pull out a shirt, sweatpants, and boxers. I tear off my own shirt, sliding the new one on.

"Nothing's wrong." He points at my face.

"There! That! You never look at me whenever you lie." I shake my head.

"It's nothing major." I walk into the bathroom, quickly changing my boxers before walking back out.

"Then what was it?" I pull on my pants.

"It was just a memory!"

"Of who?" Claire. It was Claire.

"Claire." His face turns sad. His lips twitch into a frown, his eyes saddening, his eyes becoming slightly glossy.