Chapter 39

I read a book with an autistic character but he was 'barely autistic'... THAT'S NOT A THING! OMG, the autism spectrum isn't a line, it's a circle. Some people struggle in areas more than others. Omgggggg. Literally, like, I don't struggle with verbal stuff as much but I do struggle with regulating myself. Like, I'm not less autistic????

IT WAS A GOOD BOOK, BUT THE MISINFORMATION- I can't. And the character like couldn't pick up on ANY social cues, like, you can pick up on some it's context and the fucking- y'know, if I continue, I'm not gonna make any sense plus I won't be able to stop.

#Meforpresident2024

(I'm not even fucking able to run.)

-Izukus POV-
I groan as I get out of bed, putting on my uniform, taking a shower, brushing my teeth, etcetera. I look in the mirror one last time before exiting.

-----

"Hey! How are you?" I smile and wave.

"I'm doing great, Ashido! How are you?" She groans.

"I got into trouble with my mom." A chill runs down my spine. Is she okay?

"Oh my God! Are you okay?" She looks at me as if she's a deer in headlights, only then do I have to remind myself that hitting your child isn't the norm.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. I just got grounded." I rub the back of my neck, a sheepish smile on my face.

"Sorry, just wanted to make sure you were okay!" She beams at me.

"Oh! It's fine! Oh my God, did you hear that there's a new villain! Apparently he's really shitty and he already got caught, but still!" I nod.

"Yeah! Isn't his actual name Ian sunnyvile?"

"Yeah! Sunnyvile's quirk is really weird, apparently he just makes it feel like you ate something really spicy. It doesn't matter your pain tolerance! He's kinda cool! It had so much potential!" I nod in agreement. A power like that could easily overpower an enemy.

"Everyone sit down. Shut up and pay attention." We all rush to our seats.

"Alright, today is typical for this unit. If anyone needs to leave, feel free to do so." He glances at me while he runs through the gist of everything.

"Okay, today does focus on typically female-on-male physical abuse, specifically an authority figure harming a vulnerable person." Kacchan glances at me, quietly checking on me. I shoot him a smile and a thumbs up. He nods before we both return our attention back to the board. Once he starts describing manipulation tactics and withdrawals and just those types of things, I start to disassociate. It feels like I'm outside of my body, I'm upset, and it's hard to breathe. I stand up and sneak out of the classroom. I can't just leave every lesson in this unit! I sit on a bench, just outside of the classroom.

"Hey! You alright? Why aren't you in class," Midnight asks.

"Sorry, I'm fine, I have permission to leave. Uhm, we're just working on a more triggering unit and I needed to step out for a minute." She nods.

"Can I ask what the lesson was about?" She moves to sit next to me.

"It was about female-on-male physical abuse, specifically an authority figure harming a vulnerable person." It's clear she's not going anywhere soon. She gives me the look. It's a look I know all too well. It's a look of pity, sympathy not empathy. I hate that look. As soon as anyone even suspects that I went through something, they give me that look. I lay a handful of people haven't. They start treating you like a puppy, a baby, a doll, or they treat you like shit, like you're useless, like you deserved it. It sucks.