Honesty

'I quite enjoyed school, even though I was lonely most of the time there. The other kids who went to my care-home used to spread rumours about me, and I found it hard to make good friends. I always did my homework on time, and I started making two copies of it, to stop my bullies getting me into trouble. Most of the teachers liked me, and I did well in all of my studies. I used to spend my lunchtimes in the library, reading books on Philosophy, and mythology. After two years, I had read everything in the library, so I volunteered there, and helped the librarians sort out the books. It was a good thing I did, because one lunchtime, a few of my bullies started a fire, that badly injured another student, one of my friends. They blamed it on me, saying that we'd recently had an argument, and they told the teachers that I was vindictive, and had a bad temper. Mrs. Beckford, my maths teacher, really didn't like me, and she was more than happy to believe them over me. I was going to be expelled, and I swear, I've never been so afraid in my life. Luckily, it had happened at a lunchtime, and all of the librarians vouched for me, saying that I had been there, helping them with a particularly large new shipment of books. Mrs. Beckford still didn't believe me, though, and it was probably her doubt that stopped my school bullies from being expelled. I was worried about that, at first, fearing that they would seek revenge for getting them into trouble.'

'But it wasn't even your fault,' Loki said, after swallowing his mouthful, 'How could they blame you?'

'I am not sure. But I was sure they would, and for about six months, I was terrified that they would find me alone, and exact their retribution. I soon realised, however, that if they'd been expelled, they would have made my life worse at home.'

'Savannah?'

'Yes?'

'Were those children the same ones that Thanos showed you?'

'Yes. I guess I'm still afraid of them, somewhere deep in my heart.'

'What happened to your friend?'

'I don't know. She never returned to school. I tried my best to find out about her, but none of the teachers would tell me. I over-heard a conversation between two librarians, though.'

'What did they say?'

'They said,

 That poor girl, Safari, she's changed school now.

Why? 

Because of what happened, of course.

Children can be so vicious.

I thought that they were talking about me, at first. Eventually, though I realised that they were talking about my bullies. I still was really upset, and I guess that was when I started believing that I was a bad person, and that I deserved everything that happened to me.'

Loki frowned, and pushed his bowl of food away from him.

'You're not even finished yet.'

'But I can't eat anymore.'

'You participated in an eating contest with wild-fire personified, but you won't even finish a bowl of soup?'

'That was different.'

'C'mon, please? For me?'

'Fine,' he grumbled, 'But if I'm sick, you're clearing it up.'

'Do you feel sick?'

'A little.' he admitted, picking up the spoon again.

'Loki, if you're ill, I won't force you to eat, okay?'

'I'm fine.'

'Liar.'

'Well, what do you expect? I am the God of Lies.'

'I expect honesty, Loki. I don't want you to think you have to lie to me about anything.'

'Good, because I love you.'