][ Epilogue ][

This is quite a long chapter. But it's supposed to be because it's the last one! Hope you guys like it! (⌒▽⌒)

++++++++++

My mind wasn't in the present. Instead, it wandered to the dark corners of my mind, making me scream out in pain, writhe in fear, and breathe harder. Of course I didn't know that I was still laying immobile on the forest floor, while Ezra and Lorin fought - to the death, maybe - around me.

And of course I didn't know that Lorin was winning.

. : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : .

My blood soaked my hands, my neck, my face, making me move slower than I would have. Ezra growled from in front of me as I managed to dodge one of his blows. I smiled despite being in immense pain; I had to make him believe that he still had a lot more to fight on for, than what he really needed to. The usual self-loathing and pain in his eyes had dissolved, letting the true anger and darkness he held within himself to come out. It was amazing. To be honest, I was pretty sure he could kill me in an instant with all that fire that he had hid away, fully blazing. I could tell, as I moved away again to escape his white-knuckled punch, that he was still holding back, not allowing me to rekindle his fire. I guess I'd just have to make him more angrier.

"Come and get me, angel boy!" I laughed while I jumped up, grabbing hold of the lowest tree branch and swinging myself up. I was now perched on the branch like some sort of creepy, humanoid bird. I saw Ezra smile in an equally demented way.

Jumping higher as Ezra climbed upward, closer to me, I lured him to the very tip of the two pine trees we were on. From across the gap that was between our two trees, Ezra stared at me, blank and serious. I smiled and flipped him the finger as I turned around to jump to another tree, luring him farther and farther from what he was subconsciously protecting: Rachel. I had to make it to her deadweight body before he did. That way, I could really toy with his true darkness.

Wouldn't it just be lovely if he went evil as well?

I heard the tree I had just been on rustle with movement as Ezra lunged past the gap and onto it. Looking over my shoulder I smiled as I saw the exact two things I was looking for. Ezra's eyes, almost black now with the cruel intent they held - even though it was to kill me - and Rachel's unconscious body. Perfect.

"Coward." I heard his dark whisper clearly, and couldn't stop myself from smiling even wider than I already was. Sure he was probably - most likely going to hurt me, if not kill me - and he was calling me names, but I couldn't stop enjoying the wickedness I was pulling out of him. And he didn't even seem to notice.

"That's what you think!" I yelled over my shoulder, a smile so wide displayed on my face, I couldn't even speak. I jumped from tree to tree, Ezra not far behind, but not close enough to catch me and possibly brutally murder me, either. Then, I stopped. The tree shook underneath me as my sudden weight leaped onto it, disturbing the little birds and leaves that were still on it. I moved my body around and looked at Ezra, right in front of me on the other tree, staring silently at me.

"Why don't you kill me now? You've had so many chances to do it." I spoke, my voice seeming unnatural and foreign in this moonlit, quiet and peaceful place.

"I want to make sure I have you in the right spot." Ezra replied, his voice low. "The way I want to. . .conduct your death. . .requires a lot of space. So your internal organs don't get my shoes dirty." I don't know what it was - the way he said it, more vicious and deadly than I could ever sound, or the way he looked when he said it, all dark and the purest of evil - that made me almost pee my pants. I swallowed and graced him with one of my demented smirks, not letting my facade break from his words.