"...𝘋𝘢𝘥?"

I will warn once, this chapter contains spoilers for fast pass episode 77, and 78. I'd advise if you haven't read it to view at your own risk. If you continue from here not my problem. :)

Enjoy!!

"...Dad?" Ashlyn asked, holding the knife to the brunettes throat. Tears threatening her eyes.
The cold sharp blade against her own.
Mike's face twisted from pissed to a realization that it was his kid.
"Ashlyn?" He gagged out, clenching the knife and flying his hands back as he stopped towering over her.
Aiden, Ben, and Taylor rounded the corner.
Aiden with tasers in hand, Taylor with her axe, and Ben with his fists ready.
It was like gun fire when they realized someone was over Ashlyn. Their faces turned and they immediately lunged.
Immediately Ben realized it was Mike, grabbing Aiden by the collar, and same with Taylor.

"Kids?!" Mike yelled, turning to face them. Logan pushing Tyler into the hallway everyone was in.

"What are you doing here?" Ashlyn gasped, sliding herself out from under her dad.

"I don't have time to explain, but the others are in trouble!"

The others??

"Too many have heard Jessica scream.. at this rate, we're going to die." Emma thought. Pointing the gun at another phantom.

Bang!

"I said quit shooting.. we're going to attract more." James had his own pistol up, ready.

"Maybe if someone didn't scream, we would be okay." Emma sighed. Her husband, Mike, left maybe 30 minutes ago? He heard commotion from down the hall. But what is taking him so long?

"Emma!!" A voice yelled from down the hall as he took out a phantom with a gun.
He didn't haven't that before.

"Mike!" Emma took a breath with relief seeing her husband alive.
"Did you—"

Before she could get another word out, Ashlyn came into view, high kicking a phantom, Logan holding a gun and a flashlight like a swat team member, and Aiden with his tasers.
Mike continued to move forward.

"What..?" Jessica breathed.

"Logan! You go ahead and find us a room. Taylor Aiden you're with me, and Ben, get flashlights to the others!" Ashlyn ordered, looking around. She took up straight, wiping her knife on her thigh.

"We need to hurry! The phantoms are start to—" Ashlyn noticed her dad up front in a new hallway. She watched him pull the trigger.

Silence.

She watched her dad's eyes widen in shock as he realized he was out of bullets, slowly backing up into a new hallway.

"DAD?!" Ashlyn screamed watching a phantom lunge at him, a clatter of a gun, and an ear piercing scream.
The scream did it for her.
She immediately ran down the hallway.

"ASHLYN!" Aiden yelled, suddenly finding himself dizzy. Shit, maybe he should listen to instructions.

"TAYLOR GUN!" Ashlyn pushed, turning the corner hard. Taylor was right behind her.

"Ashlyn there's more!" Cocking back the gun, Taylor took a shot, shooting a few, before more shots came from the hallway they came from.
"Get your dad!"

Ashlyn didn't stay still for a second, finding the gun he had. She rounded another corner, freezing.

The phantom had her dad by his throat, already dug its nails into his skin. Therefore if they tried to rip the phantoms hand off, it would rip his throat too.
Mike had been silent, holding its boney wrist, stopping it from digging more.

Ashlyn couldn't speak, the words caught in her throat.
She needed a gun. She looked over, Taylor still fighting.
Shit, shit.. SHIT!!

Ashlyn clenched the knife in her hand, shaking. Before lunging at the phantom over her father, digging her knife into its back.
Her dad let out a groan, then yelled out her name.

"Ashlyn, stop!" He yelled lowly, through grit teeth.
She couldn't stop.
She needed the fucking phantom dead.
Dead.
It was hurting her father.
She pulled her knife out and whammed it down again. And again. Forcing her knife through its skull, hearing the blade snap, along with a sharp crack.

Ashlyn yanked the handle back from the phantom's skull, getting to her knees by her father's head.

"Dad?" She asked, ignoring the sight of the phantoms fingers through her father's throat.
She needed something to cut it. Cut its hand.

"..Ash." Mike choked, blood dripping from his lips. He made a pathetic laugh, immediately following with a groan.
Ashlyn shook her head, she knew what that meant. She dug for her other knife, the one her father gave her.

"I-I can fix this, Dad." She reached for the phantoms hand only to be stopped by her father's.

"Ashlyn, stop.." He coughed, moving her hand away.
"You aren't going to save me.. you know that."

"But I can! L-Look at Tyler, Aiden?! They're fine..!" Ashlyn argued. They were breathing, maybe not fine, but breathing.
"Just let me help!"

"You're not going to get the nails out without me bleeding out. Just go." Mike said firmer. He took one of his hands off his neck and grabbed the knife, sliding it away.
"More is coming.. you cannot fend them off yourself. Save yourself."

She dreaded those words, she watched as her knife was thrown across the floor, staring at her father.

"Ashlyn?! Hurry up! There's more!"
Her earpiece said.
Logan.

She looked at her dad, squeezing his wrist, and reluctantly leaving his side picking up her knife as she slowly made her way back.
"I'm coming"

Ashlyn made her way back, seeing Logan outside of two doors.

"Where's Mike?" He asked.
Ashlyn just shook her head. Logan understood immediately.
Ashlyn went into the room with the others, the door shutting and locking.

"Ashlyn!" Her mother embraced her, kissing her forehead and holding her tightly.
"Where's your dad, sweetie?"

Her muscles tensed up, her eyes threatened tears, and she grasped the back of her mother's shirt.
Her eyes hid in Emma's shoulder, her tears letting loose. She started crying, and she couldn't stop it.
She lost her father, and she knew it.
She inhaled pathetically, her body shaking.

"Ashlyn, sweetie? Where is—" Then Emma realized. She rubbed her daughter's back, closing her eyes.

Mike was gone.

—End
Words- 1089
Authors note— HAHAHSH... I don't regret making this. And YES I know he'd be alive in the human dimension but.. they're all locked away so she wouldn't know... I'll make a part two if you so please, but TRUST me, the image in my head for that isn't pretty. It isn't pretty at alll.

School Bus Graveyard
by Lilredbeany on WEBTOON.