Alantown

Stepping into the elevator, Marley felt mixed emotions. She was glad they now knew where Teddy was and he was alive, but Chow was their way to get Teddy back, and he was lying dead in an ice machine.

"We're fucked. Chow's dead." Stu stated, "What do we do now?"

"The guy doesn't give a shit about Chow, Stu." Phil straightened up, getting his thoughts together so he could come up with a plan, "This whole thing's about a fucking bank account."

Marley nodded, "Yeah. It won't matter if Chow is there or not. Let's just go back to the hotel and search Chow's body. Hopefully the password's in his wallet or something."

"And what if it isn't?" Stu asked, always the pessimist, "I mean, they're gonna kill Teddy."

"Just relax. We have until 8AM tomorrow to figure it out." Phil told him.

They stood in silence for a few moments before Alan spoke up, "First the monkey, now my hat. How much worse can this day get?"

Marley looked between Stu and Phil who were wearing the same expression of disbelief as she was. Of course that was all Alan could think about at a time like this.

"Jesus Christ." Phil muttered under his breath as the elevator doors opened to the ground floor.

——

Nearby, there was a boat service that would take them back to the hotel. None of them were talking to each other, Marley, Stu and Phil were all wrapped up in stress and Alan was still upset about the loss of his hat.

They got onto the boat that no one else was travelling on. Marley felt completely exhausted and worn out. Phil wrapped an arm around her as he sat down next to her and she rested her head on his shoulder.

For some reason, there was an acoustic guitar on the boat that didn't seem to belong to anyone. Stu picked it up and began to strum a few chords before playing the tune of a song Marley recognised. It was 'Allentown' by Billy Joel, one of her and Phil's favourite singers.

But, Stu's lyrics were a bit different to the original...

"Well, we're living here in Alan-town.

And he's driven our lives into the ground.

When we woke up we were wasted and drunk,

Marley got shot, Phil yelled at a monk."

"Are you seriously making up these lyrics on the spot?" Marley asked him with a chuckle.

"I was happy and my life was good,

Gettin' married like a dentist should.

Roastin' marshmallows on a stick.

I got fucked in the ass by a girl with a dick."

Alan let out an obnoxious laugh, "I remember that!"

"And we're living here in Alan-town.

But they're taken Teddy's finger now.

And I'm pretty sure I'm gonna lose my shit,

And shoot Alan in the face.

Then shoot myself."

Alan turned to Marley and Phil, "He totally butchered that song."

"You totally butchered my life." Stu snapped back at him, causing him to go back to silence.

"Well, I loved that rendition of the song, Stu. Bravo." Marley smiled at him. "But please, no more of anyone getting shot today."