The Middleman

Thankfully, Chow knew the spot to find the monkey and was able to drive them to it in his car. Phil sat up front, leaving Marley sat in between Stu and Alan in the backseat. They stopped across from a building that had a ledge sticking out. Sat on the ledge was the monkey, smoking a cigarette.

"This monkey isn't just normal monkey." Chow rolled down his windowed drew their attention to the monkey that was now being signalled by a man in another car.

"Think of him like monkey drug mule." The monkey crawled down a post next to the building to take money from the man and gave him a bag of cocaine. "He take coke to buyer, and deliver cash to dealer. He middleman!"

The monkey then ran across the street to a food place where the dealers were sat outside. He gave the money to the man Marley recognised as the bald one who spoke to them in Russian when they asked him about Teddy. He gave the monkey a piece of food with a smile before stashing his money away.

Chow continued to explain, "Dealer never handle drug directly. He clean!"

"That's terrible." Stu shook his head.

"Not terrible. What you talking about?" Chow asked, "It's fucking genius. You ever see monkey go to jail? We just signal monkey for deal, he come close, we take his vest and that's that. Maybe get some more blow too, just a bump."

"No! No more bumps, Chow!" Marley hissed at him from the backseat.

"Okay, this is ridiculous." Phil muttered under his breath so Chow didn't hear.

Chow was trying to use his fingers to whistle to the monkey, but was failing horribly. "Stu, Mr. Chow can't whistle. Signal monkey."

Stu gave him a glare before rolling down his window and whistling in the monkey's direction. As soon as he had done it, Chow held up some cash for the monkey to see. It got his attention and he began to move.

"Alright, here we go." Phil said.

The monkey climbed up to an electric wire and started move along it towards them.

"How'd we wind up with the monkey last night anyway?" Phil asked.

"Well, I needed some blow and Alan thought he was cute, so we stole him." Chow shrugged it off as if it were nothing.

The monkey then jumped down onto the roof of the car, then down to the open window. He grabbed the money Chow was keeping his hold on.

"So stupid!" Chow chuckled, "Stu, ready to grab vest?"

Stu suddenly looked nervous, "Uh...okay. I-I just grab it?"

"Yeah, just do it, Stu, just do it." Marley nodded to him.

"HEY, LITTLE MONKEY!" Alan spoke louder than they all had been with a large grin on his face. This made the monkey scream to get the attention of the two men from earlier. They looked over to the car and stood up.

"FUCK!" Phil yelled.

"We gotta go, right now." Chow hit the accelerator at full force and they jolted forward. Stu was now holding onto the monkey who was still sat at the window edge.

Phil turned around to Stu, "PULL THAT FUCKING MONKEY IN!"

"I'm trying!" Stu said as the monkey had tried to jump out of his grip. His upper body was now out of the window as he held on tight to the monkey.

The bald man began shooting at the car, breaking the back window causing shard of glass to fall around Marley and Alan. Phil's head immediately turned at the sound of the gunshot and he grabbed Marley's hand with a tight hold. The two men were now on motorcycles and were trying to catch up to them.