Chapter 6

June 21st, 1994.

Harry's vacation had been quite pleasant so far. Grimmauld place had been cleaned and tastefully redecorated, during the cleaning, Dobby brought a Horcrux to Harry, who noticed that Tom had defiled part of his inheritance. Harry was quite pleased when he employed a ritual of sacrifice to take Tom's knowledge, skill, and experience from the soul fragment while destroying it and purifying the Locket. It wasn't much, but Harry could take his NEWTs in Charms, Transfiguration, and Ancient Runes at any time now, an idea which Salazar felt had merit. Harry needed to stick around Hogwarts to continue learning from Salazar, though, and made sure to explain that to his ancestor, who replied that Harry could apparate into the Chamber or live there.

It was finally the long awaited day of the Summer Solstice and the day of another meeting of the Wizengamot. Today, Harry would begin his long-term plan to acquire greater power and influence, while greatly improving the laws of Magical Britain and it's ruling government: the Ministry of Magic. Harry was fully aware of how angry his two pieces of legislation had made people, but didn't truly care. These laws would better the world and protect those that need protection, ironically the Dark Faction was most easily won over, with the Light Faction only requiring slightly more effort. The Grey Faction were placated by the Act's fairness and protections offered.

Everyone had finally arrived, with Arthur Weasley and his closest supporters delaying the meeting out of pettiness. Dumbledore made his displeasure at Arthur's behavior obvious to everyone and then called the meeting to order.

"The first matter on the agenda is debate on the Muggle Protection Act, re-written by Lord Potter." Dumbledore said.

"I fail to see it's necessity Chief Warlock and it's unlikely that he could even write a law." Umbridge said snidely, having skipped reading it due to this dismissive opinion of Harry. That wouldn't end well for her. Harry made a note to cause trouble for Umbridge, he wouldn't tolerate insults from weak trash such as her.

"Then you clearly haven't read it, Madam Umbridge," Augusta Longbottom said with a sneer. "It's well beyond what Arthur Weasley wrote and offers far more options for those interested in objects of Muggle origin and the Muggle world." A chorus of agreement broke out among the Wizengamot, and from all three factions. "I'm of the opinion that it should become law immediately, along with the other piece of legislation that he wrote."

"As am I, but the debate shall remain open for now," Dumbledore replied with a smile. Harry had outdone himself and written some incredible laws that were fair for all and guaranteed protection for Muggles and families of Muggle-borns. Albus was no longer concerned about whether or not Harry was Light, this proved it. "Are there any arguments against the Muggle Protection Act?"

No one spoke up... Harry's uncanny grasp of politics had served him greatly. The Act appealed to everyone and was fair to all, while it forces the creation of registry of 'Objects of Muggle Origin', it also protects against harassment by Arthur Weasley who used his worthless act for that purpose and was lucky that he wasn't murdered during his worthless crusade.

Harry began mentally recounting parts of his Muggle Protection Act...

*Those of good standing may take the initiative to protect Muggles from magical threats, but must be skilled in Memory Charms, and if they cause exposure, they may be brought before the Wizengamot and punished accordingly. This may include secretly warding a Muggles property to protect them from threats and discreetly forcing them to move for their own health; if they discover a magical threat near the Muggles in question. This does not legalize usage of the Imperious Curse. Families of Muggle-borns may be given magical protection with or without their knowledge, but ignorance on their part is preferred. The selling point for the Dark Faction and large parts of the Light and Grey Factions was that they could be the specified 'magical threat' and annex the lands of their Muggle neighbors, if they made sure to Memory Charm as needed.