Ch. 28: Comforting Kitty/Party at Charlene's Place

You and Catnap are back at Charlene's place where you live. You've called Kitty and told her everything. She'll be on her way in just a moment. But you told her you and Catnap sorted it out and they will never bother her, again. Ralph, especially.

It's you, Catnap, Huggy and Charlene. Charlene says, "Wow. So, those two you were working for when you modeled... ended up being sick people?" You say, "Yeah. Poor Kitty. I just wanted us to save HER from that mess. It's horrible. I prefer the restaurant people." 

Huggy says, "That's awful. I was a jerk in high school, but I never went as far as to taking advantage of a girl." You say, "Huggy. Even if you did, mate... you were still a young guy. This is an older man coming onto a younger woman." Charlene says, "They sound worse than my parents. And my parents are shallow people. Talk so lowly of Huggy, will they? Not knowing what a good man he really is." 

There's a knock on the door and you say, "That's got to be Kitty right now." Charlene says, "I'll get it." She walks to the door and opens it. Sure enough, there's Kitty. You sigh out of sympathy as you see her. She says, "Hi there. I'm Kitty Starley." Charlene smiles and says, "Hi there." She says, "Um. Are Catnap and (Y/N) here?" 

Charlene says, "Yeah. There in here. Come in." She lets Kitty in and shuts the door. You see someone. It's Kitty. You get up and you approach her. You say, "Kitty. There you are, lovey. Come here." You pull her in for a hug and she hugs you back.

She says, "Oh, (Y/N)." You say, "It's all taken care of, now. Catnap got them. Those two won't come near you ever again. Ever." She pulls away and she leans in and whispers, "Wait. Did he... k..." You nod. She sighs and she hugs you. You hold her close. You say, "It had to be done, love. That man was sick to the core for what had been done to you. Absolutely bonkers." 

She says, "I just couldn't let the same happen to you, too." You pull away and you say, "Hey. I saw your video and you'd make a great grunge singer, Kitty." She smiles and says, "You think so?" You say, "I know so, love. It's all the rage, nowadays. It is the 90s, ain't it? Big deal. If you lived where we're from or anywhere else, every young person would love your content." 

She sighs and says, "I've always dreamt of living elsewhere but here. It's just too much. You know?" You say, "Well, hey. Don't worry about that, alright? Hey... Know what I have in mind?" She says, "What?" You turn to face the others and you say, "Party, anyone?" 

Everyone looks at you for a moment... Then they smile and say, "Yeah!" Catnap grins and sits back saying, "I'm down, Kitten." Huggy says, "It's been a while since I've partied with anyone, being a former popular guy in school. But now... I've got more reasonable people around me. Not that bitch Mommy. I should've hung out with you two a long time ago." He says that last sentence, looking at you and Catnap.

Catnap sighs. You walk over and you sit with him saying, "Baby. What's wrong?" He says, "I didn't mind us leaving after I, well... you know. But I miss Dog Day. I know he's holding a grudge against me. He has to be. But I do wish to see him once more before I'm... dead." 

You stroke his face and you say, "We'll figure something out, lovey. For now, we'll have to cope and stay here, yeah. It's for the best. I can't risk losing you, baby. You understand?" He smiles and says, "I love you, Kitten." You say, "I love you too, Catnap." You both lean in to kiss. The others cheer. 

Charlene smirks and says, "Then it's settled... party! Music we all love. Kitty... embrace your true self, sweets." Kitty grins and says, "I'll be right out. Um... Where's the bathroom?" Charlene says, "Down the hall. First door on the right." Kitty says, "Thanks, chicky." She walks off, taking a bag she has with her.

**********************************************************************

Later on at around 8pm, you're all having a party. You've got it on the song When I Come Around by Green Day. You're dancing to it. You, Kitty and Charlene are by each other as you dance. Huggy and Catnap are watching you guys.

You and the girls face each other singing, "No time to search the world around! Cause you know where I'll be found! When I come around!..." You all dance, having a good time. Catnap has his eyes on you at all times. He's got a cigarette in his hand and a smile on his face as he watches you. He whispers, "Fuck. Nobody's as beautiful as my Kitten.~" 

Also, Kitty is in a new getup. A white tank top with a red fleece shirt over it, blue pants torn at the knees, hair's a somewhat messy due, etc. Something she's always wanted to let out. Her true self. The grungy look that just about every young person at that time is doing. It is the 90s. She's embracing herself for once and prefers it a lot more than the whole modeling stuff.

Huggy says, "Oh! Charlene. You've got a few CDS, right?" She says, "Yeah. I've got some from Soundgarden, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice in Chains... You name it." You grin and you say, "Hey. Great taste, lovey." She asks, "What do you guys wanna listen to?" You say, "Surprise us."

She says, "Okay. I'll be right back." She walks off. She comes back with a few CDs. She says, "Okay. I'm putting one in my stereo next to my entertainment center." She gets a CD out and puts it in. She scrolls through the tracks.

You hear the song Epic by Faith No More playing. You and Catnap grin and you say, "Yes!" You all start to dance to it. You have bottles of booze in your hands as you dance. Catnap pulls you back and you gasp. 

He has you held close with your back facing him. His arms are around you. You giggle. He grins and says, "Hey, cutie.~" You turn to face him and you say, "Hey yourself, love.~" You both lean in to kiss, then you pull away. You continue to dance.

You all dance some more, then Charlene says, "I think it's time to play a softer song. Just saying." Catnap thinks of something and he smirks. He says, "Good thing I came prepared." You all look at him. You say, "What is it, sweets?" He says, "Be right out." He heads for his and your room. You all wait.

He comes back with a cassette. You look at it. He walks to the stereo and he opens up the cassette player part. He puts the cassette tape in and he closes it. He says, "My turn for this one." He gets to a certain part and you say, "Wait a second. Is that...?" He presses play.

You hear a familiar Heart song and you gasp. Huggy says, "Hey. I remember that from high school." You say, "This is mine and Catnap's song. What About Love." Kitty smirks and says, "Go ahead you two. Turn it up." Catnap turns it up and he approaches you. You face him.

It gets to the 'What about love?! Don't you want someone to care about you? What about love?! Don't let it slip away!..." And so on. You hug your arms around Catnap and he has his around you. You both slow dance a bit. The others say, "Awe." 

Kitty says, "So, this is your guys' high school song, huh?" You say, "This will always be our song. We were separated for ten years after some incident in high school. Ten years later, I heard this song again just right outside Victoria's Secret where a friend of mine works. I looked back and saw Catnap there. A big shocker to me after a decade. But I was so happy. The reunion." 

Huggy says, "At least you got him back. You guys are doing great." Charlene leans against him and she says, "We will, too. I don't give a crap what my parents say. I love you, Huggy Wuggy." He smiles and says, "Ah, that's great. I love you too, Char." She sighs and smiles.

You have your arms around Catnap and you whisper, "Catnap. Love.~" He says, "Yeah, (Y/N)?" You lean in and you whisper something in is ear. This makes him perk up and he smirks. He grips your hips and he grins. 

Just in time. The song ends and he presses stop on the tape. He says, "Let's get to our room, my lovely Kitten. Just you and I.~" You blush and you smile. The others cheer. Kitty says, "Get it, girlie!" Huggy says, "You got this, Catnap! Woo!" 

You and Catnap walk off to your room and you shut the door on your way in. You do however open the door to peek your head out and you yell, "Don't stop partying just 'cause WE retired to our suite!" You shut the door on your way in. The party continues.