Ch. 30: Who is Darla?

Meanwhile, back in L.A. You and Catnap are up and it's 1:15pm. Kitty went home for a little bit. Huggy and Charlene are with you guys and since Charlene owns that particular penthouse. Catnap had something on his mind all day. But what?

You're all in the living room. The radio is playing Angry Chair by Alice in Chains. You sit there, kind of singing to it a bit. Kitty says, "My head still hurts from drinking too much last night. Awe man." She puts her hand up to her head. 

You look at her and you say, "Did you take any aspirin, lovey? Anything to cure your headache, at least?" She says, "No, but I think I should." Catnap says, "(Y/N) the doctor of the afternoon." You smirk and you whisper, "Your sex drive is really high.~" You make a flirty growl sound. He blushes and whines, "(Y/N). Quit it.~." 

The others laugh a bit. Huggy says, "Hey, Catnap. It's better to hear THAT than when we all reach forty to fifty years old when a woman tells you you're impotent or something, man. Like you can't get it up. You know... Limp dick." 

Catnap says, "I get it. I caught on when you mentioned forty to fifty years old." Huggy says, "My point is Catnap, you're still young. Enjoy the praise, now." Catnap says, "Good point. But you are too." Kitty says, "We all still are." 

Charlene says, "But it won't take long for our fifties to get here. When our own kids push their twenties or thirties... or teens. Whenever." Huggy says, "Something tells me that Catnap and (Y/N) will be the first to have a kid." They all look at you. 

Catnap says, "If or when we do, both (Y/N) and I agreed on something." Huggy says, "What's that?" You say, "That I'll be the first parent to teach them to speak." Charlene says, "Why you, first?" Catnap says, "We both agreed to raise our kid Australian just like (Y/N) and her family. (Y/N) has a lot more family than I do. I haven't seen my own mother in years. Only family member I have." 

You say, "The thing is now, we're here and away. We'll need to do it here. We'll find a primary school before they start kindergarten. One that teaches Australian-American children. Learn the culture. Their heritage. Where they came from. All of that." 

Kitty says, "I respect that. Do what you can, huh?" Catnap says, "I just hope I'm not a shitty father like mine was towards ME. I would love my kids, unconditionally." You say, "You'll do just bonza, darling. Trust me." He smiles at you.

Then he sighs and sits back. You say, "What's wrong? Something seems to be on your mind." He says, "I... I don't know. I just... I've thought about a couple of things." You say, "Do you need to talk to me alone about this?" He looks at you and nods. 

You grab his hand and you take it saying, "Come on, then. To our room." You look at the others saying, "We'll be back." They all nod. You and Catnap get up and you head for your room. You shut the door behind you.

You face him and you say, "Catnap. What's on your mind?" He says, "I don't know. I just... I guess I'm thinking about a certain individual back in Baltimore. The one who called the cops on me." You say, "Dog Day?" He says, "Yeah." 

You say, "Catnap. You can tell me. What is it?" He looks at you and he says, "He may have been the one to do that, but... I feel deep down inside that he still cares about me. We've been so close. Like brothers." You say, "You're getting to something, love." 

He says, "I don't know if it's wise... But I feel I need to let it out." You look at him. He looks at you and says, "I think I should write him a letter. Just him." You say, "What?" He says, "He may have called the cops on us and driven us away, but I know he sure as hell won't report the letter to the police. He only did what he did because of the kidnapping. I know it." 

You say, "Did something happen in Dog Day's life to make him do this?" He says, "Yeah. Something I never told anybody until... well, now." You say, "Tell me. What happened?" He looks at you and he says, "I'm the only person he shared this with." You grab his hand and you say, "You can tell me anything. You know that, lovey."