Chapter 9

Sanskaar was lying with his eyes closed. He suddenly felt a known touch over his wrist. As he opened his eyes, he saw Swara holding his wrist. He wanted to pull her towards him a tight hug but stopped. This was not his right now. This maybe the right of her husband. But wait! Why was she not wearing even a single jewellery except a pair of studs in her ears! Why was she not wearing expensive clothes! Why was she not wearing even a single sign of marriage!
After all, it was what she wrote in letter.

Swara looked at him and for a moment, she felt to drown herself in his arms. He was her only safe place. But she could not do this. It was for his betterment only. And she could give up her everything just for his smile.

So, she moved away, turned her back and started to write something on prescription paper. Sanskaar sighed and looked away too.

As she came back to her room, she fell over her bed. The mental exhaustion was now taking a toll over her. She did not want to move even a bit of her body now. But she had to when she heard a knock. Adarsh was standing in front of the door.

"Dr.Swara! Your help is needed!"

"What happened?" Swara asked.

"Mumma!"

Hearing so, Swara immediately ran behind Adarsh. Inside a big room, Annapurna was lying on the bed clutching her left arm in pain. And behind her, Durga prasaad was sitting on wheelchair. As her gaze met his, Swara felt thousands of white hot knives stabbing her heart. But she forgot the pain for Annapurna.

"What happened?" She asked Ragini.

"Don't know! Her left hand started to pain suddenly. I gave her nitrates but not Subsiding."

Swara tested her. It was angina which could have taken the form of heart attack in a few minutes. Thanks to Swara, it could not happen.

"She is too much stressed. You should ask her to take care!" Swara said looking at Ragini, "In my suggestion, you should ask her to return back to Jaipur. Sir will be good to go in a week. Till then she should not stress herself."

"We don't live in Jaipur now!" Ragini said, "We shifted to Dehradun 2 years back!"

"Ohh!" Swara replied. She wanted to know the reason but she did not have the right to ask.

Before going out, she looked at Durga prasaad from the corner of her eyes. The one who considered her as an ideal daughter, had visible anger on his face. But just like Annapurna, he did not have any hate for her in his heart.

It was night. Swara tiptoed inside Annapurna's room. They were going back next morning. Maybe it was the last time she would meet her ever. Those loving eyes of hers, those soft arms ready to hug her would leave her forever tomorrow. So, she wanted to look at her one last time.

She saw her sleeping. Gently she touched her feet. Her sobs were muffled behind her hand.

"I am sorry ma!" She said before she stood up. She was about to go when, to her horror, she saw Adarsh standing on the door. For a moment, she felt as if her heart would stop. But the next second, she said, "Her feet are cold. Try to keep her warm!"

"Sure doctor!" Adarsh replied, "You are very bad at lying. Try to tell truth!"

Swara did not reply. She tried to move away from there as soon as possible but Adarsh stopped her way.

"I don't know what you are hiding! But you are hiding something!" Adarsh said looking at her.

"It doesn't matter!" Swara replied.

"It matters to everyone of us!" Adarsh again said.

"Adarsh! Leave my way!" Swara was getting frustrated.