Chapter 12

Ragini and Laksh came running inside the room. But the condition of Swara stopped their feet. She was sitting in a corner, trying to cover herself with her hands. Her hands were trembling and her body was shivering. They could hear audible sobs from her and a repeated sentence.

"Don't come near me! Don't touch me!"

Ragini was petrified and so was Laksh.

"Ma'am! She was unconscious when we opened the door. And since she had opened her eyes, she is like this!"

Ragini could hear half of the words because Laksh almost pushed her aside and ran towards Swara. He sat near her and tried to hold her hand.

"No! Don't!" Swara took her hand back.

"Ragini! See na! What is happening to her?" Laksh's words brought Ragini back to present. She too ran towards her.

"Swara! Calm down! It's me! It's us!" She tried to hod her hand and held it tightly. Maybe a comforting touch, or maybe the aura, Swara opened her eyes and looked at them.

"Swara! We both are here!" Laksh held her other hand, "Noone will harm you! Calm down! Please calm down!"

Suddenly, the face of Yuvraj vanished from Swara's eyes. She felt her heartbeat lowering. She saw Laksh forwarding a glass of water to her. She took it from him. As the drop of water touched her lips, reality struck her. She had to be very formal from these two people. If they would be so close to her, they both could read her emotions. She needed to shut them down.

"Thank you Mr. Maheshwari!" She replied. An anger took the place of care in Laksh's eyes. He nodded and went out of the room.

"It's good to share your pain with old friends! It may help to heal you!" Ragini tried to say.

Swara looked at her and sighed, "I don't have friends mrs. Maheshwari! Thank you!"

Ragini too felt a lot of anger building inside her. She too nodded and moved out.

The inquiry committee was set up in the lobby till her room was frisked. After getting initial satisfactory answers, commissioner finally asked, "What was your relationship with Yuvraj Raisingh?"

"My ex husband sir!" Swara replied shortly.

"And why were you divorced?" Commissioner asked.

Swara could not reply. She then looked at commissioner and said, "Actually... "

"Don't worry! We gathered some information from Ashram. You please calm down!" Commissioner replied and patted her head, "We are sorry that you got married to a person like him."

Swara nodded and looked down.

"You don't want this to be known to Maheshwaris na!" Ajay said.

"I don't want sympathetic eyes looking at me! I request you... " Swara was about to say more when commissioner stopped her.

"Don't worry! If some information is not related to your professional life, it should not be disclosed to them!" Ajay reassured her.

Swara sighed and lowered her gaze again.

"But beta! There is still time to file a complaint against the Raisinghs. In fact his father is not in power right now. He lost the elections!" Commissioner suggested.

Swara smiled and replied, "It doesn't matter who has power or not sir! The reality is that there is no strength left inside me to fight. I have made peace with many things. I don't want anything from my life now!"

As she was getting questioned, nurse came out running from Sanskar's room.

"Swara mam!" She was looking devastated, "Sanskaar sir.... His heart beat is dipping down. He is not responding!"