Chapter 11

Sanskaar was getting restless. The way Swara pleaded Rajesh not to bolt the door was something not suitable for her personality. He looked at Laksh who was worried and was on call with  minister.

"No sir! I am not against interrogation. I am against the use of harsh ways Officer Rajesh used on her. How on the basis of just suspicion you can treat a human like that!"

Ragini was sitting near Sanskaar.

"Ragini! I don't know! Just be near Swara. I don't have a good feeling regarding Rajesh!" Sanskaar said.

"I tried to be there but as if he had some old enmity towards her. He asked me to go." Ragini was tensed too.

"Let this interrogation finish, I will make sure this Rajesh will be thrown out of his department. Is it the way to treat someone just on the basis of suspicion!" Sanskaar said. His eyes were getting red in anger.

Sister Jyoti came with medicine in her hand.

"This time?" Sanskaar asked.

"Yes sir! Your medicine have been changed." Jyoti said.

Sanskaar nodded and gulped down the medicine. He then looked at Laksh who was visibly distressed.

"Minister is sending someone here! You don't take tension bhaiya! I am there to handle things!" Laksh tried to assure him.

Sanskaar tried to smile. He looked in Laksh's eyes. The fragments of old friendship was still there. The anger was there too. But in these vulnerable hours, the fake mask of hatred was gone somewhere.

Sanskaar knew Swara. She was the one who could give up her own life for others. And that was what she did for Uttara that day.

----------------

It was a month since their confession. Out of his extremely busy life, Sanskaar tried to find a few minutes for Swara daily. And that was enough for them. As much as he understood Swara, his fondness grew exponentially.

It was one fine evening when he returned home. Annapurna was sitting tensed in the living room.

"What happened mumma?" Sanskaar asked.

"Uttara went somewhere." Annapurna told him.

"Where?" Sanskaar asked, "She would be in her friends house!"

"No beta!" Annapurna replied in a very tensed voice.

"What actually happened?" Sanskaar asked. Till then, Laksh and Adarsh too entered the hall.

"Mumma! We have searched her every friend's house! She is not anywhere!" Laksh said. Both the brothers were visibily tensed.

Sanskaar sighed. He looked at Annapurna and she handed her a paper.

"Mumma! I love Kalyan so much and I am going to him. Don't try to find me!"

Sanskaar sighed. He looked at Annapurna.

"Her school called yesterday. Kalyan is her physical education teacher. They... They have been caught.... In... A.." Annapurna could not say further neither the brothers could hear. It was well understood even without words. Sanskaar closed his eyes in anger. His knuckles went white.

In the next few hours, police was employed in every corner of the city. Sanskaar himself along with Laksh, was running here and there. Afterall it was the question of safety for his little sister.

"Had this girl gone mad!" Laksh was in anger, "Let her come back and I will take her class!"

Sanskaar too was extremely angry. But he could not express it in front of anyone.