Chapter 24

Sun's shining rays appeared crimson in color. Swara woke up with a jolt drenched in cold sweat. Her heart was palpitating. She saw the room and realized where she was! There was no Yuvraj. There was no Jai Prakaash.

Taking a quick shower, she thought everyone was asleep. But she heard some voices downstairs. As she went down, she saw Ragini and Annapurna having tea together.

"Are you woke up!" Annapurna said, "Ragini told me that you wake up early too."

Saying so, she forwarded her a cup of tea. Swara smiled.

"Since Ragini came here na, I too developed a habit of waking up early. And this time is the time of Sas bahu." Annapurna said sipping the cup of tea, "And now, I will have tea daily with two of you."

Swara smiled. But today, her smile was very different. Annapurna looked at Ragini. Both did not need words to understand the reason of her smile.

"I have shortlisted a few hospitals. Join as soon as possible." Ragini said. With another sip, she said, "I know you can't sit at home for longer."

Swara nodded. It was her work which she always looked forward for.

On the breakfast table, after a very long time, a miracle occurred. Sanskaar sat with everyone for breakfast. Even his face had a glow which noone could miss. Uttara looked at Sanskaar and said, "Bhaiya! Am I dreaming in the morning! You.. Here?"

Sanskaar smiled at her and winked. But along with his sister, with a gaze so shy, he looked at Swara too. Swara knew Sanskaar was looking at her and all of a sudden, spoon dropped from her hands.

"Sanskaar!" Durga prasaad said.

Startled a little, he looked at him and said, "Ji papa!"

The business discussion were going on. But there was a different sort of refreshment in the morning. Sanskaar was smiling ear to ear. And so did Swara.

A month passed like this. It seemed like a dream to Swara. Her happiness knew no bounds. Mornings started with tea session with Annapurna and Ragini, banters with Laksh on breakfast table, happily going to the two hospitals she joined simultaneously. Parineeta and Suhasi often visited her and so did she.

What she loved about the day was the stealing of shy glances between her and Sanskaar. Swara and Sanskaar, both never wanted to do anything which involved even a slightest bit of disrespecting thr elders. Being on the same floor, just accross the hall, they did not even talk for days straight. But did their feelings need to be talked! No! They could read the heart of other person. That's why in Swara's room, sometimes a rose, or sometimes a gajra was kept secretly before she entered after dinner. Once a pair of jhumka too! And Sanskaar secretly got a letter of sweet nothings to his favorite chocolate being pushed to his room at night.

This love was not hidden from parents too. Durga prasaad and Annapurna, both knew their kids. They knew the shy natured son they brought up in this world who got equally shy and sweet girl for him. They understood the longing their children had in their hearts. They could see the shy glances. And so, they decided not to let their kids suffer from any more separation.

One morning, after finishing tea, Annapurna looked at Ragini. Both had practiced the conversation well at night before.

"Beta Swara!" Annapurna started the conversation.

"Ji aunty!" Swara replied.

Annapurna looked at Ragini and said, "Woh... Beta I wanted to ask you something from a long time."

"Ji aunty!" Swara asked

"Actually... Me and your uncle was thinking of something." Annapurna said, "Since you and Sanskaar... I mean everything is alright now. So can we call panditji and decide a date?"