Chapter 35: My boyfriend is not yours but mine.

Minghao stared at Mingyu, who was kneeling in front of his bed with a rose in hand. "What are you doing?" he asked, walking closer. Mingyu urged him to be quiet with a finger to his lips.

"I know we started off on the wrong foot, but I'm glad Jia cheated on you—" Mingyu began.

"What? No!" Then he interrupted himself.

"Okay, start again," Mingyu muttered to himself loudly, shifting from his left to his right knee.

"Mind telling me what you're doing?" Minghao plopped onto the bed in front of Mingyu. Mingyu sighed, tossing the rose onto the bed.

"Trying to man up and confess, but I don't know if Wonwoo likes boys or not."

"You guys have literally kissed so many times—"

"That doesn't mean he's gay, does it?" Mingyu snapped. Minghao stared at him, jaw slack.

Minghao raised an eyebrow, a smirk playing on his lips. "You’re really clueless, aren't you?"

Mingyu groaned, running a hand through his hair. "It's not that simple. I need to be sure."

Minghao leaned back on his elbows, amusement dancing in his eyes. "So, your grand plan is to kneel in front of his bed with a rose? How original."

"Hey, I'm trying here!" Mingyu protested. "Besides, what if he just sees it as a joke?"

"Wonwoo doesn’t do jokes when it comes to feelings," Minghao said, his tone turning serious. "You should know that by now."

Mingyu sighed, his shoulders slumping. "I know. I just... I don't want to mess this up."

Minghao softened, sitting up to look Mingyu in the eyes. "Look, if you really care about him, just be honest. Tell him how you feel. If he’s kissed you back all those times, there’s a good chance he feels the same."

Mingyu took a deep breath, nodding. "You're right. I just have to be brave."

"And maybe stop kneeling with a rose like you're in a bad rom-com," Minghao added with a chuckle.

Mingyu laughed, standing up and brushing off his knees. "Noted."

"Anytime, lover boy," Minghao teased, reclining back on the bed with a satisfied grin.

Go and confess to wonwoo, tell him your feelings.

"Be a big boy and learn to accept rejection too," Minghao said, patting Mingyu's thigh. Mingyu frowned, processing the words. Rejection? That wasn’t the problem. The thought of Wonwoo being with someone else was what upset him. He didn’t want that. He wanted to be with Wonwoo.

Minghao raised an eyebrow at Mingyu's silence. "Oh, come on. You're not afraid of getting turned down, are you?"

Mingyu shook his head, his frustration evident. "No, it's not that. It's just... the idea of him being with someone else drives me crazy."

Minghao snorted. "Then quit moping around like a lovesick puppy and do something about it."

Mingyu sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I know, I know. I just need to find the right moment."

"Well, newsflash," Minghao said, smirking. "The right moment isn’t going to magically appear. You’ve got to make it happen."

Mingyu looked up, determination sparking in his eyes. "You're right. I can't just sit here and wait."

"Exactly," Minghao replied, giving him a playful shove. "Now, go get your man and stop wasting time."

Mingyu laughed, feeling a surge of confidence. "Thanks, Minghao. I needed that."