Season 2 Chapter 9

Soejun spat blood on the floor and asked mockingly, "Are you that dead b*tch's boyfriend?"

Sohyun's breath hitched as Soejun posed his unexpected question, his body jolting in surprise. Both Sohyun and Jaemin halted as he repeated his query, his voice now louder.

Jaemin and Sohyun exchanged glances, their eyes locking as they turned toward the source of the voice. "What is he talking about?" Jaemin asked, clearly bewildered.

Sohyun's heart sank, and his eyes twitched in response. "N-Nothing... let's go," he muttered, his voice barely audible. With a sense of urgency, Sohyun rushed toward the locker room. Once inside, he quickly made his way to his locker and began removing his clothes, his fingers turning as cold as ice due to the anxiety that washed over him. Shit...

Jaemin entered the locker room, his gaze settling on Sohyun's uneasy expression as he changed clothes. He stood a short distance away, silently watching him.

Dead b*tch?... Jaemin furrowed his eyebrows, struggling to make sense of the situation. There's something that Sohyun is hiding from me, but I can't figure out what it is...

"Sohyun-ah," Jaemin's voice broke the silence, causing Sohyun to momentarily cease his actions.

Half-dressed, only clad in his blue jeans, Sohyun turned and locked gazes with Jaemin. Jaemin's expression was serious, and the sight only heightened Sohyun's anxiety. "... Hm!?..." he responded, his voice quivering slightly.

Jaemin took a few steps forward, his eyes fixed on Sohyun. "What's going on with you? Ever since we started the new semester, you've begun acting weird," he inquired, however, Sohyun remained silent in response, his eyes fixed on Jaemin's baffled face.

He loomed over Sohyun by taking another step, gently grasping his bare arms. "Who's that guy?... What was all that talk about? Why did you even get into a fight? I thought you were just going to do some basic practice..." The barrage of Jaemin's questions left Sohyun feeling both overwhelmed and scared, rendering him speechless. "You've never learned Judo or anything else... then how's that you look like a real Judoka?... When did you even learn those techniques while we've been together almost every day for years?..." Jaemin's eyes locked with Sohyun's as he momentarily paused, and then muttered, "You've never kept secrets from me... But now... It's as if... you're not the Sohyun I know..."

Sohyun felt a shiver run down his spine as Jaemin's final statement echoed in his ears. His eyes anxiously flickered across Jaemin's face, a lump forming in his throat. He's starting to figure it out... Sohyun's heart sank in sadness, a wave of helplessness washing over him. What should I do? What should I say?... I'm not ready to talk yet!...

Jaemin noticed the profound sadness and shock in Sohyun's eyes, causing him to withdraw his hands and run his fingers through his hair, his voice stumbling as he spoke. "I'm... sorry... I promised to trust you... I should not have said that..."

He then turned away, rubbing his face with his palms; frustration etched into his features. "It doesn't even make sense..."

I'm hurting his feelings... Jaemin's thoughts consumed him as he furrowed his brows. He was causing Sohyun pain with his senseless assumptions. It's not his fault to lose his memories in the first place... Everyone would act strange in the same situation; Sohyun isn't an exception...

Sohyun stood silently, his gaze fixed on Jaemin's back. He could sense the confusion and frustration emanating from Jaemin, and a sense of guilt washed over him. It was clear that Jaemin was struggling to understand the situation, and Sohyun couldn't blame him.